- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 28 Feb 2022
- Flood Zone 1: Land outside the floodplain. There is little or no risk of flooding in this zone.
- Flood Zone 2: The area of the floodplain where there is a low to medium flood risk.
- Flood Zone 3: The area of the floodplain where there is a high risk of flooding.
The National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy for England, Glossary, published by the Environment Agency in 2020, suggests a floodplain is: ‘Land with a high probability of being partly or wholly covered with water during flooding from rivers or the sea – ignoring the presence of flood defences.’
- Applying flood resilience technologies GG 84.
- Building flood resilience.
- Catchment flood management plans.
- Coastal defences.
- Environment Agency.
- Flood and Water Management Act.
- Flood defences.
- Flood insurance.
- Flood mapping key to future development in Wales.
- Flood risk.
- Flood risk assessment.
- Flood risk management plans.
- Floodplain capacity.
- Functional floodplain.
- Future flood prevention.
- Pitt Review.
- River engineering.
- Sustainable urban drainage systems.
- Thames barrier.
- Water engineering.
Featured articles and news
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.