- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 28 Feb 2022
- Flood Zone 1: Land outside the floodplain. There is little or no risk of flooding in this zone.
- Flood Zone 2: The area of the floodplain where there is a low to medium flood risk.
- Flood Zone 3: The area of the floodplain where there is a high risk of flooding.
The National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy for England, Glossary, published by the Environment Agency in 2020, suggests a floodplain is: ‘Land with a high probability of being partly or wholly covered with water during flooding from rivers or the sea – ignoring the presence of flood defences.’
- Applying flood resilience technologies GG 84.
- Building flood resilience.
- Catchment flood management plans.
- Coastal defences.
- Environment Agency.
- Flood and Water Management Act.
- Flood defences.
- Flood insurance.
- Flood mapping key to future development in Wales.
- Flood risk.
- Flood risk assessment.
- Flood risk management plans.
- Floodplain capacity.
- Functional floodplain.
- Future flood prevention.
- Pitt Review.
- River engineering.
- Sustainable urban drainage systems.
- Thames barrier.
- Water engineering.
Featured articles and news
A brief description of time in the sun.
Given by ICE President Ed McCann.
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !