- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 27 Feb 2021
The Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (EAS) for use by Certification and Registration Bodies, published by IET in 2020 defines electrotechnical work as: ‘the design, construction, maintenance, verification and/or inspection and testing of one or more of the work categories listed in Appendix 1.’
Where the categories listed in Appendix 1 are:
A1 Electrical installations up to and including 1000V AC or 1500V DC
- A1.1 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.2 Other than dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.3 Temporary electrical systems covered by BS 7909 (as amended):
- A1.4 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended) and undertaken as a necessary adjunct to or arising out of other work in England & Wales
A2 Periodic inspection and testing:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles about electricity.
- Consumer electronics.
- Consumer unit.
- ECA articles.
- Electrical appliance.
- Electrical consumption.
- Electrical energy.
- Electrical equipment.
- Electrical installation.
- Electrical power.
- Electrical safety.
- Electrical system.
- Electrical wiring.
- Electricity bill.
- Electrotechnical Assessment Specification.
Featured articles and news
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.