- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 27 Feb 2021
The Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (EAS) for use by Certification and Registration Bodies, published by IET in 2020 defines electrotechnical work as: ‘the design, construction, maintenance, verification and/or inspection and testing of one or more of the work categories listed in Appendix 1.’
Where the categories listed in Appendix 1 are:
A1 Electrical installations up to and including 1000V AC or 1500V DC
- A1.1 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.2 Other than dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.3 Temporary electrical systems covered by BS 7909 (as amended):
- A1.4 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended) and undertaken as a necessary adjunct to or arising out of other work in England & Wales
A2 Periodic inspection and testing:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles about electricity.
- Consumer electronics.
- Consumer unit.
- ECA articles.
- Electrical appliance.
- Electrical consumption.
- Electrical energy.
- Electrical equipment.
- Electrical installation.
- Electrical power.
- Electrical safety.
- Electrical system.
- Electrical wiring.
- Electricity bill.
- Electrotechnical Assessment Specification.
Featured articles and news
Preparing for the return of employees.
Using rainscreen walls to address energy efficiency.
Integrity of fire product marketing - post-Grenfell - addressed.
Data measurement and carbon reduction efforts.
Actuate UK issues stark warning.
Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities replaces MHCLG.
Protecting heritage from disasters. Book review.
Three structures forever changed people's lives for the better.
ECA comments on findings of BEIS Green Jobs Task Force.
Why government can't support public transport forever.
Government introduces the Information Management Mandate.