- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 27 Feb 2021
The Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (EAS) for use by Certification and Registration Bodies, published by IET in 2020 defines electrotechnical work as: ‘the design, construction, maintenance, verification and/or inspection and testing of one or more of the work categories listed in Appendix 1.’
Where the categories listed in Appendix 1 are:
A1 Electrical installations up to and including 1000V AC or 1500V DC
- A1.1 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.2 Other than dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.3 Temporary electrical systems covered by BS 7909 (as amended):
- A1.4 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended) and undertaken as a necessary adjunct to or arising out of other work in England & Wales
A2 Periodic inspection and testing:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles about electricity.
- Consumer electronics.
- Consumer unit.
- ECA articles.
- Electrical appliance.
- Electrical consumption.
- Electrical energy.
- Electrical equipment.
- Electrical installation.
- Electrical power.
- Electrical safety.
- Electrical system.
- Electrical wiring.
- Electricity bill.
- Electrotechnical Assessment Specification.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).