- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 14 Feb 2020
The Electrotechnical Assessment Specification (EAS) for use by Certification and Registration Bodies, published by IET in 2020 defines electrotechnical work as: ‘the design, construction, maintenance, verification and/or inspection and testing of one or more of the work categories listed in Appendix 1.’
Where the categories listed in Appendix 1 are:
A1 Electrical installations up to and including 1000V AC or 1500V DC
- A1.1 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.2 Other than dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended)
- A1.3 Temporary electrical systems covered by BS 7909 (as amended):
- A1.4 Dwellings covered by BS 7671 (as amended) and undertaken as a necessary adjunct to or arising out of other work in England & Wales
A2 Periodic inspection and testing:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Articles about electricity.
- Consumer electronics.
- Consumer unit.
- ECA articles.
- Electrical appliance.
- Electrical consumption.
- Electrical energy.
- Electrical equipment.
- Electrical installation.
- Electrical power.
- Electrical safety.
- Electrical system.
- Electrical wiring.
- Electricity bill.
- Electrotechnical Assessment Specification.
Featured articles and news
Four outstanding professionals recognised.
Sustainable flooring from super strong grass.
Organisation presents reactions from industry leaders.
New infrastructure bank to be based in the North of England.
Fairer, faster, greener. A summary of the key points.
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.
Architecture considered somewhere between 'sublime and beautiful'.
Polish piano factory revived through an energy-oriented tune up.
Dynamic architectural approach sets out to restore and improve the environment.
Entries accepted from 1 December 2020 to 14 April 2021.
Procedure discontinued for sale or re-mortgage of buildings without cladding.
The art of negotiation.