BREEAM and CEEQUAL
The move has been prompted by industry desire for a single sustainability rating scheme to address the challenge of delivering more sustainable and resilient infrastructure on the part of clients and contractors. By bringing together CEEQUAL with BRE’s BREEAM scheme, the plan is that this standard and certification tool will fulfill this desire and be able to serve civil engineering and infrastructure projects in the UK and globally.
CEEQUAL was established with the aim of delivering improved specification, design and construction of civil engineering works, providing an evidence-based sustainability assessment, rating and awards scheme.
Over the next two years, a new and improved scheme for industry will be developed that combines the team and process-focused approach of CEEQUAL with the asset-based scientific methodology of BREEAM. The need for integration with building related schemes will also be addressed, so that a single combined asset rating can be provided to clients with mixed developments.
During this period of transition before the planned 2017 launch, CEEQUAL will continue to operate as normal, with commitments and contracts with current customers being unaffected. Upon its launch, CEEQUAL Assessors will be able to transition their qualifications to the new scheme.
BRE Chief Executive Peter Bonfield said, “Our long term aspiration with a single scheme is to bring together the significant experience and expertise behind the two rating systems to deliver enhanced environmental and social benefits for civil engineering works and better economic outcomes that benefit society, and broaden up-take in the UK and international markets.”
CEEQUAL's Roger Venables said, “CEEQUAL is an internationally respected rating and awards scheme and has been applied to – and positively influenced – some of the UK’s most successful infrastructure projects like Crossrail and the London 2012 Olympics. It is increasingly used outside the UK, especially in Sweden and, most recently, in Qatar. I and my colleagues look forward to working with BRE to develop the next generation rating scheme that will address the significant challenges faced by those working in the sector.”
In June 2019, BRE Global launched CEEQUAL Version 6 to support infrastructure projectteams’ sustainability goals. It combines the technical content of the CEEQUAL and BREEAMInfrastructure methodologies, and builds upon the well-proven processes of the CEEQUALapproach to assessment.
The launch of Version 6 marks the closure of both BREEAM Infrastructure (Pilot) and CEEQUAL Version 5 schemes. To aid transition, teams already working on CEEQUAL but who have not yet registered have until 30 September 2019 to register their projects to Version 5. Those who have already registered on these schemes are able to continue on them.
- Building Research Establishment.
- BRE Trust.
- BREEAM and Tracker Plus.
- BREEAM Assessor.
- BREEAM associate online training.
- BREEAM International New Construction Version 6.
- BREEAM In-Use International.
- BREEAM USA.
- BREEAM: Value multiplies while costs plummet.
- CEEQUAL version 6.
- Code for Sustainable Homes.
- HS2 and BREEAM.
- Iran - market potential for BREEAM.
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design.
- Ska rating.
- WELL and BREEAM align.
Issue support documents
|These are Multiple Author Articles - click on them and add to them today. It's easy.|
You can also add to General Multiple Author Articles here.
Issue support documents are written for named BREEAM Issues or sub-issues. More info. (ac) = awaiting content.
|Thanks to our Knowledge Sharing Ambassadors for a lot of this content|
- BREEAM Sustainability champion
- BREEAM Environmental management
- BREEAM Considerate construction
- BREEAM Monitoring of construction site impacts
- BREEAM Aftercare support
- BREEAM Seasonal commissioning
- BREEAM Testing and inspecting building fabric
- BREEAM Life cycle cost and service life planning
- BREEAM Stakeholder consultation (ac)
- BREEAM Commissioning (ac)
- BREEAM Handover (ac)
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design (ac)
- BREEAM Post occupancy evaluation
 Health and Wellbeing
- BREEAM Visual comfort Daylighting (partly ac)
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out
- BREEAM Visual comfort Glare control
- BREEAM Indoor air quality plan
- BREEAM Indoor air quality Ventilation
- BREEAM Thermal comfort
- BREEAM Internal and external lighting (ac)
- BREEAM Indoor pollutants VOCs (ac)
- BREEAM Potential for natural ventilation (ac)
- BREEAM Safe containment in laboratories (ac)
- BREEAM Acoustic performance
- BREEAM Safety and security (ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of energy use and carbon emissions
- BREEAM Energy monitoring
- BREEAM External lighting
- BREEAM Low carbon design
- BREEAM Passive design
- BREEAM Free cooling
- BREEAM LZC technologies
- BREEAM Energy efficient cold storage (partly ac)
- BREEAM Energy efficient transportation systems
- BREEAM Energy efficient laboratory systems
- BREEAM Energy efficient equipment (partly ac)
- BREEAM Drying space
- BREEAM Transport assessment and travel plan
- BREEAM Public transport accessibility
- BREEAM Sustainable transport measures
- BREEAM Proximity to amenities
- BREEAM Cyclist facilities
- BREEAM Alternative modes of transport (ac)
- BREEAM Maximum car parking capacity
- BREEAM Travel plan
- BREEAM Home office (ac)
- BREEAM Water consumption
- BREEAM Water efficient equipment
- BREEAM Water monitoring
- BREEAM Water leak detection (ac)
- BREEAM Hard landscaping and boundary protection
- BREEAM Responsible sourcing of materials
- BREEAM Insulation
- BREEAM Designing for durability and resilience
- BREEAM Life cycle impacts
- BREEAM Material efficiency (ac)
- BREEAM Construction waste management
- BREEAM Recycled aggregates
- BREEAM Speculative floor & ceiling finishes
- BREEAM Adaptation to climate change
- BREEAM Operational waste
- BREEAM Functional adaptability (ac)
 Land Use and Ecology
- BREEAM Site Selection
- BREEAM Ecological value of site
- BREEAM Protection of ecological features
- BREEAM Minimising impact on existing site ecology
- BREEAM Enhancing site ecology
- BREEAM Long term impact on biodiversity (ac)
- BREEAM Impact of refrigerants
- BREEAM NOx emissions
- BREEAM Flood risk management (ac)
- BREEAM Surface water run-off (ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of night time light pollution (partly ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of noise pollution
Once an ISD has been initially created the '(ac)' marker can be removed
This particular index is based around the structure of the New Construction and RFO schemes.