Contractors' all-risk insurance
- The cost of unforeseen loss or damage to building works.
- Machinery movement.
- Public liability.
- Plant owned by the policy holder.
- Plant hired in.
- Business interruption.
- Equipment erection.
Cover is usually provided for the construction period but it can be extended to included the defects liability period too.
Contractors' all-risk insurance is available from a wide range of insurance providers.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 3D animation for insurance risk analysis.
- Collateral warranties.
- Defects liability period.
- Directors and officers insurance.
- Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL).
- Future of construction insurance.
- Joint names policy.
- Parent company guarantee.
- Performance bond.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance clause in conditions of engagement.
- Residual value insurance.
- Risk management.
- Risk register.
- Performance bond.
- Specified perils.
Featured articles and news
What is a residual valuation of land and what does it involve? Have a look at our introductory article.
What will be needed to manage and plan Hinkley Point C successfully?
BSRIA publish new Topic Guide on the issues surrounding Brexit.
Around 6,000 elephants were involved in the construction of the world's largest religious monument, Angkor Wat.
Government publishes new guidance document for landlords about the April 2018 changes.
ICE publish new briefing sheet on municipal energy transmission, retailing, and legislation.
CIOB awards include origami floor joists and BIM MOOC (Massive Open Online Course).
The first CIC briefing of 2017 covered a construction economic forecast, illegal migrant workers, and a Crossrail 2 update.
Have a look at this competition-winning proposal for a new mountain range-like complex in China.
This spherical house in Vienna is considered a micro-nation - the Republic of Kugelmugel.
"Teachers and schools do not understand construction very well" and need to do more, according to Carol Lynch.