Contractors' all-risk insurance
- The cost of unforeseen loss or damage to building works.
- Machinery movement.
- Public liability.
- Plant owned by the policy holder.
- Plant hired in.
- Business interruption.
- Equipment erection.
Cover is usually provided for the construction period but it can be extended to included the defects liability period too.
Contractors' all-risk insurance is available from a wide range of insurance providers.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 3D animation for insurance risk analysis.
- Collateral warranties.
- Damage caused by construction works.
- Defects liability period.
- Directors and officers insurance.
- Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL).
- Future of construction insurance.
- Joint names policy.
- Parent company guarantee.
- Performance bond.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance clause in conditions of engagement.
- Residual value insurance.
- Risk management.
- Risk register.
- Performance bond.
- Specified perils.
Featured articles and news
IHBC book review: Charles Barry’s monumental struggle to rebuild the Houses of Parliament.
Read about RSHP's British Museum extension which has been shortlisted for the 2017 Stirling Prize.
Read our introductory article to building a house extension.
More updates from DCMS about the large-scale testing of cladding systems and the number of buildings affected.
UandI secure resolution to grant planning consent for major new regeneration project.
IHBC article considers how heritage is dealt with when infrastructure schemes are authorised.
It was the tallest structure in the world for 3,800 years, but to this day the exact construction techniques are a mystery.
Shortlist for the industry's most coveted award announced.
Government responds to Mark Farmer's review of industry, rejecting the call for a levy on clients.
Peter Hansford to examine what wider lessons can be learned from the fire.
Every project is subject to uncertainty. How can construction better understand uncertainty for performance improvement?
MAD Architects reveal their designs for a futuristic campus for electric car manufacturer.
Homebuyers could borrow more with better forecasting of energy bills, according to industry consortium's new report.