Contractors' all-risk insurance
- The cost of unforeseen loss or damage to building works.
- Machinery movement.
- Public liability.
- Plant owned by the policy holder.
- Plant hired in.
- Business interruption.
- Equipment erection.
Cover is usually provided for the construction period but it can be extended to included the defects liability period too.
Contractors' all-risk insurance is available from a wide range of insurance providers.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 3D animation for insurance risk analysis.
- Collateral warranties.
- Damage caused by construction works.
- Defects liability period.
- Directors and officers insurance.
- Environmental Impairment Liability (EIL).
- Future of construction insurance.
- Joint names policy.
- Parent company guarantee.
- Performance bond.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Professional Indemnity Insurance clause in conditions of engagement.
- Residual value insurance.
- Risk management.
- Risk register.
- Performance bond.
- Specified perils.
Featured articles and news
"It can feel like we’re never going to keep everybody happy". We spoke with CEO Sarah Beale about the tough challenges ahead for CITB.
Do you know your mono pitch from your purlin roof? Have a look at the different types of domestic roofs.
"The UK is lagging way behind China, India and the South Pacific" - Designing Buildings Wiki attended a discussion on smart cities.
BSRIA publish updated guide to mechanical building services systems.
Apple's new HQ opened to employees this week, and has been touted as 'the best office building in the world'.
The risk of moisture in hard-to-treat buildings.
Find out about the intricate art of pyrography.
Have a look at this newly-opened linear park on an elevated highway in Seoul.
The charity for the blind wants to encourage greater collaboration with built environment planners.
Read our review of a new book examining methods used to observe how sustainable buildings work in occupation.
BRE and Loughborough University announce plans for a 'dementia-friendly' demonstration home.
CIOB launch new toolkit tackling the poor image construction still suffers among pupils in the 14-19 age group and their teachers.