- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 22 Feb 2021
The building regulations 2010 define 'building work' as:
- The erection or extension of a building.
- The provision or extension of a controlled service or fitting in or in connection with a building.
- The material alteration of a building, or a controlled service or fitting, as mentioned in paragraph.
- Work required by regulation 6 (requirements relating to material change of use).
- The insertion of insulating material into the cavity wall of a building.
- Work involving the underpinning of a building.
- Work required by regulation 22 (requirements relating to a change of energy status).
- Work required by regulation 23 (requirements relating to thermal elements).
- Work required by regulation 28 (consequential improvements to energy performance).
NB Manual to the Building Regulations: A code of practice for use in England, published by HM Government in July 2020, suggests building work includes: ‘…erecting or extending a building, providing or extending a controlled service or fitting in or in connection with a building, and the material alteration of a building or a controlled service or fitting.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.