- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jan 2019
- In a building or controlled service or fitting not complying with a relevant requirement where previously it did; or
- In a building or controlled service or fitting which before the work commenced did not comply with a relevant requirement, being more unsatisfactory in relation to such a requirement.
Where a 'relevant requirement' is any of the following applicable requirements of Schedule 1, namely:
- Part A (structure).
- paragraph B1 (means of warning and escape).
- paragraph B3 (internal fire spread—structure).
- paragraph B4 (external fire spread).
- paragraph B5 (access and facilities for the fire service).
- Part M (access to and use of buildings).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
We have a great range of introductory articles written by ECA.
7 of the most common myths, busted.
Consider a career in the electrotechnical industry.
Exploring local assets of community significance. Book review.
Wood-burning stoves should not be used in thatch-roofed buildings.
Servitisation, smart systems and connectivity.
What happens to the Construction Products Regulation if there is no Brexit deal.
The first step to long-term prosperity.
The status and rights of employees in construction
Continuing to share environmental best practice.
The employee assistance programme EAP.