- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Oct 2020
- In a building or controlled service or fitting not complying with a relevant requirement where previously it did; or
- In a building or controlled service or fitting which before the work commenced did not comply with a relevant requirement, being more unsatisfactory in relation to such a requirement.
Where a 'relevant requirement' is any of the following applicable requirements of Schedule 1, namely:
- Part A (structure).
- paragraph B1 (means of warning and escape).
- paragraph B3 (internal fire spread—structure).
- paragraph B4 (external fire spread).
- paragraph B5 (access and facilities for the fire service).
- Part M (access to and use of buildings).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
EV power sources: first you see them, then you don't!
Organisation addresses fire safety culture change and competence.
Using mathematics and psychology to make unbiased, complex decisions.
High levels of mica and pyrite found in aggregate used for Irish homes.
Organisation offers mobile app to its members.
BSRIA explores US share of 2020 VRF market.
New fire safety requirement comes into force.
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.