- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jan 2019
- In a building or controlled service or fitting not complying with a relevant requirement where previously it did; or
- In a building or controlled service or fitting which before the work commenced did not comply with a relevant requirement, being more unsatisfactory in relation to such a requirement.
Where a 'relevant requirement' is any of the following applicable requirements of Schedule 1, namely:
- Part A (structure).
- paragraph B1 (means of warning and escape).
- paragraph B3 (internal fire spread—structure).
- paragraph B4 (external fire spread).
- paragraph B5 (access and facilities for the fire service).
- Part M (access to and use of buildings).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Connecting building design from inception to completion to operations.
Gregor Harvie predicts interoperability will be construction’s Uber moment.
Expert commentary and insight.
Guidance offered for stained glass window maintenance.
Define need before determining viability.
Framework examines social value of projects.
RfX or Request for [fill in the blank].
Organisation establishes Equality, Diversity, Inclusion taskforce.
Government announces plans for new building projects.
Outsourcing method to procure and manage supplies.
Joint support of Local Authority Historic Environment and Conservation Services.
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is an outstanding achievement.
Buildings of the interwar years. Book review.
Ireland’s climate change sectoral adaptation plan.
Rethinking the acoustics of the office.