- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jan 2019
- In a building or controlled service or fitting not complying with a relevant requirement where previously it did; or
- In a building or controlled service or fitting which before the work commenced did not comply with a relevant requirement, being more unsatisfactory in relation to such a requirement.
Where a 'relevant requirement' is any of the following applicable requirements of Schedule 1, namely:
- Part A (structure).
- paragraph B1 (means of warning and escape).
- paragraph B3 (internal fire spread—structure).
- paragraph B4 (external fire spread).
- paragraph B5 (access and facilities for the fire service).
- Part M (access to and use of buildings).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
BSRIA study reveals strong growth in 2018.
Modern slavery in the construction sector.
What to bear in mind when claiming damages in construction.
How do we achieve sustainable clean-water infrastructure for all?
What you should know when appointing an architect.
A brief history plus some new developments.
How computational fluid dynamics (CFD) helps building design.
The Hong Kong Harbour Area Treatment Scheme (HATS).
'Expressions of interest' for construction contracts.
Dame Judith Hackitt confirmed as keynote speaker – one year on from the Hackitt Report. Save £100 on tickets.