- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jan 2019
- In a building or controlled service or fitting not complying with a relevant requirement where previously it did; or
- In a building or controlled service or fitting which before the work commenced did not comply with a relevant requirement, being more unsatisfactory in relation to such a requirement.
Where a 'relevant requirement' is any of the following applicable requirements of Schedule 1, namely:
- Part A (structure).
- paragraph B1 (means of warning and escape).
- paragraph B3 (internal fire spread—structure).
- paragraph B4 (external fire spread).
- paragraph B5 (access and facilities for the fire service).
- Part M (access to and use of buildings).
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.
The growth of megacities.
The restoration of Big Ben
Improving fire-safety design with computer modelling.
Sound insulation testing.
Making commercial property more efficient.
SF6 is at the heart of the electrical industry.
Caring for graves and memorials at 23,000 locations.
A return to historical forms and local identities. Book review.
Black water recycling.
Opening the door to all.
The 1960s Lava lamp.