- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 11 Sep 2019
Certificates in the construction industry
Certificates are documents that attest or confirm a particular fact. The certify that the fact is correct. They can be issued by a recognised third party such as a university, institute or testing organisation, or they can be issued by an individual or organisation that has been given a contractual right or obligation to do so. Under some circumstances self-certification may be permitted such as under competent persons schemes.
Certificates are used in the construction industry for a very wide range of purposes, including; confirming individuals have particular qualifications, confirming that payments are due, confirming that works are complete and so on.
- Agrément certificate
- Building regulations completion certificate
- Certificate of immunity
- Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Works
- Certificate of making good defects
- Certificate of non completion
- Certificate of non-collusion
- Certificate of occupancy
- Certificate of ownership
- Completion certificate
- Defects certificate
- Display energy certificate
- Energy performance certificate
- Established use certificate
- Final certificate for construction contracts
- Interim certificate
- Lawful development certificate
- Manufacturer’s certificate
- Penultimate certificate for construction contracts
- Planning permission completion certificate
- Practical completion certificate
- Vesting certificate for construction goods plant or materials
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A lighthouse history from Eddystone to Fastnet. Book review.
Telling the story of the Government Code and Cipher School.
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.
The growth of megacities.
The restoration of Big Ben
Improving fire-safety design with computer modelling.
Sound insulation testing.
Making commercial property more efficient.
SF6 is at the heart of the electrical industry.
Caring for graves and memorials at 23,000 locations.
A return to historical forms and local identities. Book review.
Black water recycling.