- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 17 Feb 2022
Certificates in the construction industry
Certificates are documents that attest or confirm a particular fact. The certify that the fact is correct. They can be issued by a recognised third party such as a university, institute or testing organisation, or they can be issued by an individual or organisation that has been given a contractual right or obligation to do so. Under some circumstances self-certification may be permitted such as under competent persons schemes.
Certificates are used in the construction industry for a very wide range of purposes, including; confirming individuals have particular qualifications, confirming that payments are due, confirming that works are complete and so on.
Certificates commonly used in the construction industry include:
- Agrément certificate
- Building regulations completion certificate
- Certificate of immunity
- Certificate of Lawfulness of Proposed Works
- Certificate of making good defects
- Certificate of non completion
- Certificate of non-collusion
- Certificate of occupancy
- Certificate of origin
- Certificate of ownership
- Completion certificate
- Defects certificate
- Display energy certificate
- Energy performance certificate
- Established use certificate
- Final certificate for construction contracts
- Interim certificate
- Lawful development certificate
- Manufacturer’s certificate
- Penultimate certificate for construction contracts
- Planning permission completion certificate
- Practical completion certificate
- Vesting certificate for construction goods plant or materials
- British standards.
- CE marking.
- CIOB accepted onto register of end-point assessment organisations.
- Competent persons scheme.
- Construction contract certificates, notices and instructions.
- How to check certification.
- Self certification.
- Sign off.
- Third party accreditation.
- Third party certification.
- Water Industry Approved Plumbers Scheme WIAPS.
Featured articles and news
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC
Designing Buildings is 10 years old.
From alteration to deconstruction on DB.
Understanding temperature in buildings on DB.
A call for home energy management to be modernised.
How many different types can you think of ?
Looking back and fourth to what still needs to be done.
Pioneering Indian environmental design Architect.
The greenest building is the one already built.
History of Temple Meads rewritten.
Currently standing at just 1%.
Find out more with BSRIA.
Changes come into force for F,L,O and S.