- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Nov 2021
Third party accreditation
Third party accreditation (or certification) is the formal, independent recognition that a prescribed standard of performance has been achieved. A third party organisation reviews a process, product, system, organisation, person etc. and certifies compliance with a required standard of safety, quality or environmental performance etc. This may involve, demonstration of qualifications, systems, testing processes, materials, testing, inspections of facilities and so on.
If the standard is achieved, the third party provides written assurance or certification that it conforms to the specified requirements. Some certification systems will provide graded result, such as; excellent, good, poor and so on.
Such certification, provides a means for potential clients to make informed choices in terms of selecting proven and competent suppliers, as well as ensuring compliance with their own standards or policies.
In the UK, the British Board of Agrément (BBA) is one of the leading bodies offering approval, certification and test services to construction industry products and systems. For more information, see Agrément certificate.
Products and systems that receive BBA and other forms of certification, are recognised by building control, government departments, architects, specifiers and industry insurers that there is a certain level of quality and fitness for purpose.
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme.
- Department for Communities and Local Government.
- Forest Stewardship Council.
- Gas safe.
- Health and Safety Executive.
- Home Quality Mark.
- International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO).
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED).
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification.
- Robust details certification scheme.
- Ska rating.
- Accreditation body.
- Agrément certificate.
- British Board of Agrément.
- British standards.
- Building Research Establishment BRE.
- CE marking.
- Construction products regulations.
- Examining the 2021 construction materials shortage.
- Gas Safe.
- Green Seal.
- How to check certification.
- International Organisation for Standardisation.
- ISO 14024.
- Quality assurance.
- Quality management system.
- UKCA mark transition extension for construction products requested.
- Water Regulations Advisory Scheme WRAS.
Featured articles and news
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?
Create an account and write the first of many articles.
CIAT commentary after the first meeting.
Who is to blame?
Research recommends focussing on portfolio success rather than project success.
The revised standard for mapping underground utilities.
Cross-industry steering group seeks support in delivery.
Help us update process pieces from your field.
APM report explores existing practice.
COVID-19 and the importance of mental wellbeing.
As Professionally Qualified Person (PQP).
In order of relevance and with industry responses.
Raising awareness of the impacts of loneliness.
The list is growing, and in more ways than one.
We shouldn’t build new, If we can’t maintain what's built.
Timber Accelerator Hub phase 1 report