- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 30 Aug 2021
Category B fit-out works
Rules of Thumb, Guidelines for building services (5th Edition) BG 9/2011, by Glenn Hawkins, published by BSRIA in 2011, states: ‘Category B works, or bespoke fit-out, may include:
- Suspended ceiling upgrades
- Special area fitting out, such as auditoria, kitchens, restaurants and meeting rooms
- Upgrade to core finishes
- Internal partitioning
- Additional floor finishes
- Mechanical, electrical and lighting upgrades
- Installation of below-floor and overhead/drop-down power distribution
- IT and telecommunications installations and distribution (data cabling)
- Enhanced WC provision, if required
- Occupier standby generation and uninterruptible power supplies (UPS)
- Adaptation of life safety systems
- Decoration and branding
- Fixtures and fittings
- Security installation enhancements
- Audio-visual installations
- Corporate and way-finding signage
- Vertical transportation enhancements
- Feature staircase links between floors’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
BG 50 & VDI 2035 – your questions answered.
Will the way we heat homes change when winter comes ?
Can XR technology be leveraged in design & construction?
Or are you capping.
Digital gaming competition for UK students aged 16 to 18.
Heritage protection in England vs Australia.
Three-quarters of fire doors fail inspections
The role of geoparks, biospheres and world heritage sites.
Just one month to go ! Find out more here.
A new gallery for the University of Huddersfield.
What will it take to stop it ?
To celebrate world bee day 2022 !
Not forgetting part F and the new part overheating part O.
As energy prices jump up in cost.
With people in the UK from Ukraine.
Industry leader Steve Murray takes on role.
An abundant and versatile building material.
600,000 heat pump installations targeted per year by 2028.
Helping prevent those unwanted outcomes.
How has transport changed due to Covid-19 ?
Will you need it ? after June 15 and the new Part O ?