BRE SMARTWaste online reporting platform
BRE is an independent, research-based consultancy, testing and training organisation, operating in the built environment and associated industries.
BRE SMARTWaste is a flexible, online-reporting platform for all company types across all sectors that can help manage and reduce waste outputs, impacts and costs. It is intended for clients, contractors, owners, operators and occupiers.
It can be used to prepare, implement and monitor site waste management plans (SWMP). SWMP’s describe how materials will be managed efficiently and disposed of legally during construction, explaining how the re-use and recycling of materials will be maximised. This involves estimating how much of each type of waste is likely to be produced and the proportion of this that will be re-used or recycled on site, or removed from the site for re-use, recycling, recovery or disposal.
SMARTWaste can help:
- Save time tracking and reporting against company sustainability targets.
- Compare regional and project performance.
- Give access to all project information in one place.
- Reduce waste, energy and water costs.
- Set and monitor targets to reduce site based impacts.
- Obtain BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes credits.
'SMARTWaste Commercial' allows organisations to monitor and manage waste streams across a portfolio of buildings.
Tailor-made international versions of SMARTWaste can be developed to suit the requirements of individual countries, taking into account legal requirements, best practice and local conditions.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- 2015 UK Industry Performance Report.
- BRE SMARTWaste John Muir release.
- Building Research Establishment.
- Circular economy.
- Code for sustainable homes.
- Energy from waste.
- Environmental plan.
- How data can stop waste.
- Improving construction and demolition waste data.
- Landfill tax.
- Site Waste Management Plan.
- Site Waste Management Plans - A Necessary Burden.
- Waste management plan for England.
Issue support documents
|These are Multiple Author Articles - click on them and add to them today. It's easy.|
You can also add to General Multiple Author Articles here
Issue support documents are written for named BREEAM Issues or sub-issues. More info. (ac) = awaiting content
- BREEAM Sustainability champion
- BREEAM Environmental management
- BREEAM Considerate construction
- BREEAM Monitoring of construction site impacts
- BREEAM Aftercare support
- BREEAM Seasonal commissioning
- BREEAM Stakeholder consultation (ac)
- BREEAM Life cycle cost and service life planning (ac)
- BREEAM Commissioning (ac)
- BREEAM Handover (ac)
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design (ac)
- BREEAM Post occupancy evaluation (ac)
 Health and Wellbeing
- BREEAM Visual comfort Daylighting (partly ac)
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out
- BREEAM Visual comfort Glare control
- BREEAM Indoor air quality plan
- BREEAM Indoor air quality Ventilation
- BREEAM Thermal comfort
- BREEAM Internal and external lighting (ac)
- BREEAM Indoor pollutants VOCs (ac)
- BREEAM Potential for natural ventilation (ac)
- BREEAM Safe containment in laboratories (ac)
- BREEAM Acoustic performance (ac)
- BREEAM Safety and security (ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of energy use and carbon emissions
- BREEAM Energy monitoring
- BREEAM External lighting (ac)
- BREEAM Low carbon design
- BREEAM Passive design
- BREEAM Free cooling
- BREEAM LZC technologies
- BREEAM Energy efficient cold storage (partly ac)
- BREEAM Energy efficient transportation systems (ac)
- BREEAM Energy efficient laboratory systems
- BREEAM Energy efficient equipment (partly ac)
- BREEAM Drying space
- BREEAM Public transport accessibility
- BREEAM Proximity to amenities (ac)
- BREEAM Cyclist facilities
- BREEAM Alternative modes of transport (ac)
- BREEAM Maximum car parking capacity
- BREEAM Travel plan
- BREEAM Home office (ac)
- BREEAM Water consumption
- BREEAM Water efficient equipment
- BREEAM Water monitoring (ac)
- BREEAM Water leak detection (ac)
- BREEAM Hard landscaping and boundary protection
- BREEAM Responsible sourcing of materials
- BREEAM Insulation
- BREEAM Designing for durability and resilience
- BREEAM Life cycle impacts (ac)
- BREEAM Material efficiency (ac)
- BREEAM Construction waste management
- BREEAM Recycled aggregates
- BREEAM Speculative floor & ceiling finishes
- BREEAM Adaptation to climate change
- BREEAM Operational waste (ac)
- BREEAM Functional adaptability (ac)
 Land Use and Ecology
- BREEAM Site Selection
- BREEAM Ecological value of site
- BREEAM Protection of ecological features
- BREEAM Minimising impact on existing site ecology
- BREEAM Enhancing site ecology
- BREEAM Long term impact on biodiversity (ac)
- BREEAM Impact of refrigerants
- BREEAM NOx emissions
- BREEAM Flood risk management (ac)
- BREEAM Surface water run-off (ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of night time light pollution (partly ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of noise pollution
Once an ISD has been initially created the '(ac)' marker can be removed
This particular index is based around the structure of the New Construction and RFO schemes.