- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Jun 2017
BIM 360 Glue
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a very broad term that describes the process of creating and managing digital information about a built asset such as building, bridge, highway, tunnel and so on. Fundamentally, the purpose of BIM is to ensure that appropriate information is created in a suitable format at the right time so that better decisions can be made throughout the design, construction and operation of built assets.
Some of the features of BIM 360 Glue are:
- Up-to-date multi-discipline projects.
- Large project models and data online or offline.
- Select, hide, and reveal individual discipline models and objects.
- Download models to iPad for offline use.
- Open Navisworks (NWD) files directly to view.
- Allow team members to view specific projects via Reviewer access.
- Saved views and model object hierarchies can be used to access intelligent property data.
- Intuitive gesture-based pan, zoom and orbit.
- Gravity-assisted navigation to allow walk-throughs of the model.
- Immersive, gyroscope-enabled look-around to view the project.
- Review and annotate project models.
- Respond to received markups from project team members.
- Measure between model objects.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The phrase ‘time at large’ describes the situation where there is no date for completion, or it has become invalid.
The Maldives is under threat from climate change. Read this report from BRE on their potential involvement in the region.
MHCLG update states there are still 124 private high-rise buildings with unsafe cladding and no remediation plan.
Starting a new built environment degree? We have a wide range of resources aimed at students.
Former railway chief James Blake says trust and control are key to successful infrastructure projects.
Do you know your Rococo from your De Stijl, your Gothic from your Post-modernist?
May outlines a new funding strategy for housing associations and says the 'stigma' of social housing needs to end.
RIBA launches a consultation on a new Plan of Work for Fire Safety.
This article offers some basic rules to follow when writing your next specification.
The iconic Mackintosh Building will definitely be rebuilt, board chairwoman confirms.
The machinery used to fashion stone has changed dramatically - and so have the products.