- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Jun 2017
BIM 360 Glue
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a very broad term that describes the process of creating and managing digital information about a built asset such as building, bridge, highway, tunnel and so on. Fundamentally, the purpose of BIM is to ensure that appropriate information is created in a suitable format at the right time so that better decisions can be made throughout the design, construction and operation of built assets.
It allows anytime, anywhere user access to the most recent project models and data throughout the project lifecycle, and so projects can be reviewed and coordination issues resolved faster.
Some of the features of BIM 360 Glue are:
- Up-to-date multi-discipline projects.
- Large project models and data online or offline.
- Select, hide, and reveal individual discipline models and objects.
- Download models to iPad for offline use.
- Open Navisworks (NWD) files directly to view.
- Allow team members to view specific projects via Reviewer access.
- Saved views and model object hierarchies can be used to access intelligent property data.
- Intuitive gesture-based pan, zoom and orbit.
- Gravity-assisted navigation to allow walk-throughs of the model.
- Immersive, gyroscope-enabled look-around to view the project.
- Review and annotate project models.
- Respond to received markups from project team members.
- Measure between model objects.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
This article examines the changing policy commitments and evolving definitions of the zero carbon home.
Researchers believe they may have created a 'game-changing' new form of concrete using graphene.
Grouting refers to the injection of materials into a soil or rock formation to change its physical characteristics.
Part of Designing Buildings Wiki, BREEAM Wiki will advance knowledge sharing for the BRE family of sustainability tools.
From the decorative to the utilitarian, and from the photographed to the forgotten.
New BRE book considers the progression from project-based knowledge creation to whole-life urban knowledge management.
This CIOB article explores the concept of value in building design and construction.
BREEAM and Measurabl announce integration to improve the financial performance of commercial real estate.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners' release new images of soon-to-open 3WTC tower in New York.
A document can be called a bond or a guarantee. Does the name matter and what is the difference between them?
New briefing note is launched focusing on increasing knowledge of housing that promotes health and wellbeing.
Arbitration is a private, contractual form of dispute resolution used in the construction industry.