- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Jun 2017
BIM 360 Glue
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a very broad term that describes the process of creating and managing digital information about a built asset such as building, bridge, highway, tunnel and so on. Fundamentally, the purpose of BIM is to ensure that appropriate information is created in a suitable format at the right time so that better decisions can be made throughout the design, construction and operation of built assets.
It allows anytime, anywhere user access to the most recent project models and data throughout the project lifecycle, and so projects can be reviewed and coordination issues resolved faster.
Some of the features of BIM 360 Glue are:
- Up-to-date multi-discipline projects.
- Large project models and data online or offline.
- Select, hide, and reveal individual discipline models and objects.
- Download models to iPad for offline use.
- Open Navisworks (NWD) files directly to view.
- Allow team members to view specific projects via Reviewer access.
- Saved views and model object hierarchies can be used to access intelligent property data.
- Intuitive gesture-based pan, zoom and orbit.
- Gravity-assisted navigation to allow walk-throughs of the model.
- Immersive, gyroscope-enabled look-around to view the project.
- Review and annotate project models.
- Respond to received markups from project team members.
- Measure between model objects.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
BRE partner with Global GreenTag to develop an Ethical Labour Sourcing Standard for Australia.
The Chartered Quality Institute explain the pathway to success for organisations implementing management systems.
An introductory article looking at where a duty of care can arise in the construction industry.
House of Lords committee encourages the use of off-site manufacturing in new report.
Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) can go some way to show the impact of new buildings on their surroundings.
The shortlist for the 2018 prize for the UK's best new building is revealed.
Amendment to Bill aims to provide councils with greater powers to increase tax premiums on empty homes.
As the latest summer blockbuster 'Skyscraper' is released, we look at some of the best uses of buildings in film.
Read our introductory article on how to layout a building.
New cross-party report calls for combustible cladding ban to be extended to all high-rise residential buildings.