- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 15 Dec 2020
BIM 360 Glue
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a very broad term that describes the process of creating and managing digital information about a built asset such as building, bridge, highway, tunnel and so on. Fundamentally, the purpose of BIM is to ensure that appropriate information is created in a suitable format at the right time so that better decisions can be made throughout the design, construction and operation of built assets.
Some of the features of BIM 360 Glue are:
- Up-to-date multi-discipline projects.
- Large project models and data online or offline.
- Select, hide, and reveal individual discipline models and objects.
- Download models to iPad for offline use.
- Open Navisworks (NWD) files directly to view.
- Allow team members to view specific projects via Reviewer access.
- Saved views and model object hierarchies can be used to access intelligent property data.
- Intuitive gesture-based pan, zoom and orbit.
- Gravity-assisted navigation to allow walk-throughs of the model.
- Immersive, gyroscope-enabled look-around to view the project.
- Review and annotate project models.
- Respond to received markups from project team members.
- Measure between model objects.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC
Designing Buildings is 10 years old.
From alteration to deconstruction on DB.