Last edited 10 Dec 2019

Architectural technologist

Architectural technologists lead the technological design of buildings. This is as opposed to architectural technicians who specialise in the application of technology in architecture.

Their role might include:

Architectural technologists may establish their own practice, offering a full range of building design and management services,discipline organisation.

The lead qualifying body for architectural technologists and architectural technicians in the UK is the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).

Becoming a Chartered Architectural Technologist requires a CIAT accredited honours degree or equivalent in architectural technology, or alternatively, an equivalent honours degree in a built environment subject.

Chartered Architectural Technologists must adhere to a Code of Conduct, maintain adequate Professional Indemnity Insurance (PII) and undertake continuing professional development (CPD)

[edit] Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki

[edit] External references