- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 19 May 2020
Their role might include:
- Defining, planning and managing the development of a construction project.
- Applying building science and technology to architectural and construction projects.
- Developing and advising on innovative solutions.
- Managing and co-ordinating the detailed design process, specification and materials selection.
- Producing documentation for statutory approvals.
- Preparing production information.
- Obtaining and evaluating tenders.
- Ensuring compliance with requirements.
- Undertaking inspections.
- Contract administration.
- Assessing performance in use.
The lead qualifying body for architectural technologists and architectural technicians in the UK is the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
Becoming a Chartered Architectural Technologist requires a CIAT accredited honours degree or equivalent in architectural technology, or alternatively, an equivalent honours degree in a built environment subject.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architects Registration Board.
- Architectural design.
- Architectural education.
- Architectural technician.
- Architectural technologist - delineation of roles.
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Chartered Institute of Building.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Karyn Williams Woman Architectural Technologist of the Year 2019.
- Project architect.
- School of Architectural Technology.
- The history of the architectural profession.
- Year-out student.
 External references
Featured articles and news
A simple path to possible error avoidance.
Construction + technology = ConTech.
New low and high tech tools enter the marketplace.
Report looks at mental health in the built environment.
Radiant wall heating method to control rising damp.
What future infrastructure provision might look like.
Highlighting the health benefits of home improvement.
Pavilions for music, entertainment, and leisure. Book review.
Broadening our understanding of Dublin’s chequered social history.
The charm of London's Cabmen's shelters.
Future Weather Files research tool looking for feedback.
Exploring the Colour Rendering Index.
Why it's important to find out what went wrong.
ECA reviews the shape of the construction job market.
Why proper room acoustics make a difference.
Initiative puts gas networks on the path to net zero.
WICE Woman Architectural Technologist of the Year 2019.