Their role might include:
- Defining, planning and managing the development of a construction project.
- Applying building science and technology to architectural and construction projects.
- Developing and advising on innovative solutions.
- Managing and co-ordinating the detailed design process, specification and materials selection.
- Producing documentation for statutory approvals.
- Preparing production information.
- Obtaining and evaluating tenders.
- Ensuring compliance with requirements.
- Undertaking inspections.
- Contract administration.
- Assessing performance in use.
Becoming a Chartered Architectural Technologist requires a CIAT accredited honours degree or equivalent in architectural technology, or alternatively, an equivalent honours degree in a built environment subject.
- Architects Registration Board.
- Architectural design.
- Architectural education.
- Architectural technician.
- Architectural technologist - delineation of roles.
- Architectural Technology Awards 2020.
- Architectural Technology Awards 2021.
- Architectural technology research at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Architectural technology, wellbeing and COVID-19.
- Brewer Smith Brewer Group London Office.
- Changing attitudes towards the mental wellbeing of early career Architectural Technology professionals.
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Chartered Institute of Building.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- Design and technology DT.
- How much carbon are your buildings responsible for?
- Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Interview with Ann Vanner.
- Karyn Williams Woman Architectural Technologist of the Year 2019.
- Project architect.
- School of Architectural Technology.
- Student projects released as non-fungible tokens.
- The Courtyard retirement community in Cornwall.
- The history of the architectural profession.
- Year-out student.
 External references
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.