- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 27 Jul 2020
Their role might include:
- Defining, planning and managing the development of a construction project.
- Applying building science and technology to architectural and construction projects.
- Developing and advising on innovative solutions.
- Managing and co-ordinating the detailed design process, specification and materials selection.
- Producing documentation for statutory approvals.
- Preparing production information.
- Obtaining and evaluating tenders.
- Ensuring compliance with requirements.
- Undertaking inspections.
- Contract administration.
- Assessing performance in use.
The lead qualifying body for architectural technologists and architectural technicians in the UK is the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT).
Becoming a Chartered Architectural Technologist requires a CIAT accredited honours degree or equivalent in architectural technology, or alternatively, an equivalent honours degree in a built environment subject.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architects Registration Board.
- Architectural design.
- Architectural education.
- Architectural technician.
- Architectural technologist - delineation of roles.
- Architectural technology, wellbeing and COVID-19.
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists
- Chartered Institute of Building.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- How much carbon are your buildings responsible for?
- Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Karyn Williams Woman Architectural Technologist of the Year 2019.
- Project architect.
- School of Architectural Technology.
- The history of the architectural profession.
- Year-out student.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Making the case for breathing new life into existing buildings.
Masonry technique from Scotland and Ireland was exported to North America.
Procurement model puts operations in the hands of the client.
Recommendations on face coverings in workplaces.
Putting the rubber IN the road.
Guidance available on latest update from MHCLG.
Style over substance. Book review.
Preventing water penetration using lime grout and injection mortars.
UK Finance names top 10 fraudster tricks to avoid.
Experience Exchange Report collates operating benchmarking data.