- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Feb 2021
AC service and maintenance 2017 - market intelligence study
BSRIA's market intelligence study on air conditioning (AC) service and maintenance in 2017 for the five main AC European markets for variable refrigerant flow (VRF), rooftops and chillers has shown steady growth and activity on a year-on-year basis.
The increasing demand for energy efficient AC systems and the integration of these systems within the rest of building systems and applications are also becoming 'critical'. End users are constantly on the search for solutions that reduce energy consumption by applying different types of maintenance and servicing.
Pablo Vicario, Market Intelligence Analyst, BSRIA Worldwide Market Intelligence, said:
“The products included in the study require certain servicing operations to be carried out across all commercial and industrial installed AC systems. Also, all systems across the countries included in the study have some form of legislation driving compulsory service and maintenance actions carried out during the year.”
The study findings include:
- The total installed base for each product range from 2012 with forecasts to 2022.
- The total market size for the service and maintenance market in euro millions.
- The different types of contracts available and the characteristics therein, for each product are segmented, by country.
Service and maintenance is partly linked to historical sales and future potential sales and chillers offer the lowest growth potential for service and maintenance. Looking ahead from 2017-2022 with a CAGR of 2.2%, VRF offers the highest growth for these services at a CAGR of 6.5% across the five countries.
- Service and maintenance AC market report for France, Germany, Italy, Spain and UK.
- Information on the installed base by product segment (sizing <10 years and >10 years old), S&M market size, market segmentation by product and by type of service contract.
- Forecasts by product and by type of contract up to 2022.
- Service suppliers, who they are and their relevance in the market place.
- End user by product segment.
- Remote monitoring, current status and forecasts up to 2022.
- S&M market background, drivers and restraints for each country.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BSRIA articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Air conditioning.
- Air conditioning in non-domestic buildings.
- Air conditioning inspection procedure.
- Air handling unit.
- BREEAM Impact of refrigerants.
- Global Air Conditioning Study 2016.
- Global Air Conditioning Study 2017.
- Variable refrigerant flow VRF.
- Workplace air conditioning.
Featured articles and news
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.