- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Apr 2022
Technology Strategy Board TSB
Innovate UK stated, 'The nature and remit of the organisation will remain the same. It will continue to fund, support and connect innovative businesses through a unique mix of people and programmes to accelerate sustainable economic growth.'
The Technology Strategy Board was originally established in 2004 to advise the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry on business research, technology and innovation. On 1 July 2007 it took on a wider role and was re-structured as an arm's length, business-led, executive non-departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored and funded by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
In 2013/14 it had a budget of £440m. Project funding was usually matched by business, and as a result of this and other partner contributions, the Technology Strategy Board enabled around £2.5bn of investment in its first five years.
The Technology Strategy Board was required to act in accordance with a management statement and financial memorandum. It had a governing board, with representatives from business, research and innovation and was run by a chief executive, management team and around 200 staff.
- Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.
- Knowledge Transfer Networks.
- Collaborative Research and Development.
- Smart (formerly Grant for Research and Development).
- Innovation Vouchers.
- Catapult Centres.
- Design for future climate change.
- Design and decision tools.
- Build process; allowing the supply chain to innovate together.
- Management and performance of buildings.
- Materials and components for sustainable buildings.
- Integrating with sustainable infrastructure.
The Technology Strategy Board also funded the Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network (MBE KTN) and is establishing a Catapult centre in Future Cities.
- Arm's length body ALB.
- Bill Gething and Katie Puckett - Design for Climate Change.
- Construction 2025.
- Future building, The Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Government Construction Strategy.
- Innovate UK.
- Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network.
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- Recycled concrete aggregate RCA.
- Technology strategy.
Featured articles and news
A brief description of time in the sun.
Given by ICE President Ed McCann.
Two new research reports published by APM.
50% off APM Associate membership for Designing Buildings users.
A commentary from the insurance perspective.
In brief with further links.
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !