- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Oct 2019
The Technology Strategy Board was established in 2004 to advise the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry on business research, technology and innovation. On 1 July 2007 it took on a wider role and was re-structured as an arm's length, business-led, executive non-departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored and funded by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). For more information see Technology Strategy Board.
Innovate UK stated, 'The nature and remit of the organisation will remain the same. It will continue to fund, support and connect innovative businesses through a unique mix of people and programmes to accelerate sustainable economic growth.'
Innovate UK is the UK’s innovation agency. It works with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy, delivering productivity, new jobs and exports. Its aim is to keep the UK globally competitive in the race for future prosperity.
- Determining which science and technology developments will drive future economic growth.
- Meeting UK innovators with ideas.
- Funding the strongest opportunities.
- Connecting innovators with the partners they need to succeed.
- Helping innovators launch, build and grow successful businesses.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction 2025.
- Construction Innovation Hub.
- Digital Built Britain.
- Future building, The Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Government Construction Strategy.
- Infrastructure Exports: UK (IE:UK).
- Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Manufacturing Technology Centre.
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network.
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- Technology Strategy Board
- Transforming Construction Alliance.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.
The growth of megacities.
The restoration of Big Ben
Improving fire-safety design with computer modelling.
Sound insulation testing.
Making commercial property more efficient.
SF6 is at the heart of the electrical industry.
Caring for graves and memorials at 23,000 locations.
A return to historical forms and local identities. Book review.
Black water recycling.
Opening the door to all.
The 1960s Lava lamp.