- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 20 Jul 2018
The Technology Strategy Board was established in 2004 to advise the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry on business research, technology and innovation. On 1 July 2007 it took on a wider role and was re-structured as an arm's length, business-led, executive non-departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored and funded by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). For more information see Technology Strategy Board.
Innovate UK stated, 'The nature and remit of the organisation will remain the same. It will continue to fund, support and connect innovative businesses through a unique mix of people and programmes to accelerate sustainable economic growth.'
Innovate UK is the UK’s innovation agency. It works with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy, delivering productivity, new jobs and exports. Its aim is to keep the UK globally competitive in the race for future prosperity.
- Determining which science and technology developments will drive future economic growth.
- Meeting UK innovators with ideas.
- Funding the strongest opportunities.
- Connecting innovators with the partners they need to succeed.
- Helping innovators launch, build and grow successful businesses.
On 3 March 2015, Innovate UK published Future building, The Low Impact Building Innovation Platform, which set out how up to £60 million in grant funding would be invested between 2015 and 2019.
On 23 July 2018, Innovate UK will launch a new competition allowing UK companies to bid for a share of a £12.5 million government fund to boost productivity, performance and quality in the construction industry.
- Digitally-enabled performance management to design and manage buildings.
- A manufacturing approach to construct quality buildings.
- Active energy components to power buildings.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bill Gething and Katie Puckett - Design for Climate Change.
- Construction 2025.
- Future building, The Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Government Construction Strategy.
- Infrastructure Exports: UK (IE:UK).
- Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network.
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- Technology Strategy Board
 External references
Featured articles and news
Exploring local assets of community significance. Book review.
Wood-burning stoves should not be used in thatch-roofed buildings.
Servitisation, smart systems and connectivity.
What happens to the Construction Products Regulation if there is no Brexit deal.
The first step to long-term prosperity.
The status and rights of employees in construction
Continuing to share environmental best practice
The employee assistance programme EAP
HMRC's Construction Industry Scheme
What 'net-zero emissions' means for civil engineers
The meaning of Rw and Dw/DnTw