- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 20 Jul 2018
The Technology Strategy Board was established in 2004 to advise the Secretary of State for Trade and Industry on business research, technology and innovation. On 1 July 2007 it took on a wider role and was re-structured as an arm's length, business-led, executive non-departmental public body (NDPB) sponsored and funded by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). For more information see Technology Strategy Board.
Innovate UK stated, 'The nature and remit of the organisation will remain the same. It will continue to fund, support and connect innovative businesses through a unique mix of people and programmes to accelerate sustainable economic growth.'
Innovate UK is the UK’s innovation agency. It works with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy, delivering productivity, new jobs and exports. Its aim is to keep the UK globally competitive in the race for future prosperity.
- Determining which science and technology developments will drive future economic growth.
- Meeting UK innovators with ideas.
- Funding the strongest opportunities.
- Connecting innovators with the partners they need to succeed.
- Helping innovators launch, build and grow successful businesses.
On 3 March 2015, Innovate UK published Future building, The Low Impact Building Innovation Platform, which set out how up to £60 million in grant funding would be invested between 2015 and 2019.
On 23 July 2018, Innovate UK will launch a new competition allowing UK companies to bid for a share of a £12.5 million government fund to boost productivity, performance and quality in the construction industry.
- Digitally-enabled performance management to design and manage buildings.
- A manufacturing approach to construct quality buildings.
- Active energy components to power buildings.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Bill Gething and Katie Puckett - Design for Climate Change.
- Construction 2025.
- Future building, The Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Government Construction Strategy.
- Infrastructure Exports: UK (IE:UK).
- Low Impact Building Innovation Platform.
- Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network.
- National Platform for the Built Environment.
- Technology Strategy Board
 External references
Featured articles and news
Still going strong...one of the great buildings of the 20th century.
Review of the bible for heritage assets and their management.
The David Lloyd Lymington Sports Village was 'Commended' in CIAT's 2018 AT Awards.
How do we make the smart city a reality?
Sir Nicholas Grimshaw has been awarded the UK’s highest honour for architecture.
Protecting the construction industry from Brexit.
Conceiving buildings collaboratively, testing them virtually.
Effective collaboration in post-disaster response and recovery
How do you prepare a claim for an extension of time and ensure it isn't rejected?
How innovative ‘design thinking’ may lead to new surface-water solutions.
What will be this year's office design trends?