- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 07 Feb 2021
- particular events have caused, or are capable of causing, public concern, or
- there is public concern that particular events may have occurred.
The scope of inquiries is set out in thier terms of reference.
Public inquiries are often chaired by a judge, but can be led by a single person or a panel. They will accept written or oral evidence to determine the facts of the case and whether action is necessary and can compel testimony under oath and require the release of evidence. They may also seek advice from experts.
- What happened?
- Why did it happen and who is to blame?
- What can be done to prevent this happening again?
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Planning appeal.
- Planning inquiry.
- Lyons Inquiry.
- Design Commission inquiry into design and behaviour in the built environment.
- Economic Affairs Committee inquiry into the economics of the housing market.
- Elliot Lake Mall Inquiry.
- Inquiry into the construction of Edinburgh schools view of the RIAS.
- The Inquiry - Mansion House Square v. Number 1 Poultry.
- Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
Featured articles and news
Meaning, understanding and implementation.
Kick-start attempts causes 50% jump from December.
From climate to cost to cold bridges and design flexibility.
In a changing world at the APM PM SIG conference.
The glass product that opened up new possibilities.
Campaigning for buildings of all periods.
Full life cycle assessments, impact categories and more.
Lansink's ladder to resin identification codes. Less is more.
Basic components in an increasingly complex material world.
Get to know the new requirements and the new terms.
Reporting on Payment Practices and Performance Regs.
Welcomed with a skills shortage warning.
The ultimate companion for building services excellence.
CIOB joins leading organisations to warn leaders.