- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 29 Oct 2020
The project handbook is prepared by the contractor and sets out responsibilities, procedures, and lines of communication for construction. This is a separate document to the construction phase plan which is a requirement of the CDM regulations and relates only to health and safety.
The project handbook might include:
- A comprehensive project directory listing relevant personnel, e-mail and postal addresses and telephone numbers and describing their role in the project.
- Contractor organisation charts, identifying roles and responsibilities.
- Lists of third parties including: stakeholders, statutory authorities, statutory utilities, adjacent property owners and occupants, emergency services and any other local or national bodies with an interest in the project.
- Personnel to deal with media relations and complaints.
- Head office and site operating procedures (such as purchasing arrangements and PAYE arrangements).
- Valuation dates for measurement, off-site inspections and payment.
- Meetings schedules and reporting systems.
- Records, archiving and document control strategies (including archiving strategy and security against fire or theft).
- Document distribution procedures.
- Site instructions and change order procedures.
- Cost control and reporting.
- Programme reporting and adjustment procedures.
- Commissioning and handover procedures.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
Featured articles and news
Environment Committee publish open letter to the Mayor.
Significant transformation for built environment landscape.
Setting new benchmarks to help reshape design practice.
Looking back at the Egan Report and its impact.
CLC launch plan to support the natural environment.
Terminology, benefits and barriers.
Electrotechnical businesses are feeling the effects of the economic slowdown.
When did they start and how many are there?
Roadmap to guide professionals in using smart technology.
Campaigning for buildings of all periods.
Meaning, understanding and implementation.
Advancing sustainable and regenerative project management.
Promised to be pragmatic and practical guidance.
Whilst replacement maybe preferred, its not always possible.
Managing Partner at Onyx and third gen project manager.