- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 16 Feb 2021
NHBC Standards 2020
The 2020 edition includes:
- Updated Chapter 6.6 ‘Staircases’- this chapter has been fully updated to make it clearer and align with industry guidance.
- Revised Chapter 9.1 ‘A consistent approach to finishes’ – includes new guidance, as well as a review of the existing tolerances to ensure they are appropriate and meet the reason.
- NHBC has also taken the opportunity to make a number of editorial changes throughout the document. This includes updating references to a number of British Standards.
- NHBC launched a new online solution for its Standards-plus offering in August 2019, making it easier for users across multiple platforms and those users who are onsite with limited connectivity.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved inspector.
- Building regulations.
- Buy-to-let mortgage.
- Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- Council of Mortgage Lenders.
- Defective premises - liability and measure of damages.
- Defective Premises Act.
- Home Quality Mark.
- NHBC Standards 2019.
- NHBC technical standards 2014.
- NHBC technical standards 2016.
- National House Building Council NHBC
- Performance gap.
- What is a mortgage?
Featured articles and news
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.
ECA states concerns over the Government's disparate plans.
Net zero carbon future - necessity, not choice - was the event's focus.
CIOB event spotlighted sustainability strategies in the region.
The 19th and 20th centuries left a legacy of defects.
An invaluable technique that should be used more often.