- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Feb 2020
NHBC Standards 2020
The 2020 edition includes:
- Updated Chapter 6.6 ‘Staircases’- this chapter has been fully updated to make it clearer and align with industry guidance.
- Revised Chapter 9.1 ‘A consistent approach to finishes’ – includes new guidance, as well as a review of the existing tolerances to ensure they are appropriate and meet the reason.
- NHBC has also taken the opportunity to make a number of editorial changes throughout the document. This includes updating references to a number of British Standards.
- NHBC launched a new online solution for its Standards-plus offering in August 2019, making it easier for users across multiple platforms and those users who are onsite with limited connectivity.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved inspector.
- Building regulations.
- Buy-to-let mortgage.
- Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- Council of Mortgage Lenders.
- Defective premises - liability and measure of damages.
- Defective Premises Act.
- Home Quality Mark.
- NHBC Standards 2019.
- NHBC technical standards 2014.
- NHBC technical standards 2016.
- National House Building Council NHBC
- Performance gap.
- What is a mortgage?
Featured articles and news
Engineering services in the spotlight.
The Government's Summer 2020 economic update.
Getting organised below the surface.
Securing suitable water systems.
Love them or hate them, they are popping up everywhere.
The initiative to enhance the environment continues.
Could underused community spaces offer an alternative to working from home?
Keeping workers and workplaces safe in the United States.
A history lesson in geographic information systems.
A low tech, easy to use method of extinguishing small fires.
How can these valued spaces be reused?
Partnership avoids the need for listed building consent.