- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Feb 2020
NHBC Standards 2020
The 2020 edition includes:
- Updated Chapter 6.6 ‘Staircases’- this chapter has been fully updated to make it clearer and align with industry guidance.
- Revised Chapter 9.1 ‘A consistent approach to finishes’ – includes new guidance, as well as a review of the existing tolerances to ensure they are appropriate and meet the reason.
- NHBC has also taken the opportunity to make a number of editorial changes throughout the document. This includes updating references to a number of British Standards.
- NHBC launched a new online solution for its Standards-plus offering in August 2019, making it easier for users across multiple platforms and those users who are onsite with limited connectivity.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved inspector.
- Building regulations.
- Buy-to-let mortgage.
- Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- Council of Mortgage Lenders.
- Defective premises - liability and measure of damages.
- Defective Premises Act.
- Home Quality Mark.
- NHBC Standards 2019.
- NHBC technical standards 2014.
- NHBC technical standards 2016.
- National House Building Council NHBC
- Performance gap.
- What is a mortgage?
Featured articles and news
Delivering an infrastructure revolution.
The admissibility of evidence.
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.
What does 'curtilage' mean and why does it matter?
Our duty to prevent harm and protect each other.
A quality perspective.
If buildings were people, they would be just starting to walk on two legs.
Air filtration and clean air standards.