- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Feb 2020
NHBC Standards 2020
The 2020 edition includes:
- Updated Chapter 6.6 ‘Staircases’- this chapter has been fully updated to make it clearer and align with industry guidance.
- Revised Chapter 9.1 ‘A consistent approach to finishes’ – includes new guidance, as well as a review of the existing tolerances to ensure they are appropriate and meet the reason.
- NHBC has also taken the opportunity to make a number of editorial changes throughout the document. This includes updating references to a number of British Standards.
- NHBC launched a new online solution for its Standards-plus offering in August 2019, making it easier for users across multiple platforms and those users who are onsite with limited connectivity.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved inspector.
- Building regulations.
- Buy-to-let mortgage.
- Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Construction industry institutes and associations.
- Council of Mortgage Lenders.
- Defective premises - liability and measure of damages.
- Defective Premises Act.
- Home Quality Mark.
- NHBC Standards 2019.
- NHBC technical standards 2014.
- NHBC technical standards 2016.
- National House Building Council NHBC
- Performance gap.
- What is a mortgage?
Featured articles and news
Technology informs procurement and planning practices.
BSRIA releases market sector growth projections.
Designing for durability and resilience.
Do plans to connect infrastructure and housing stack up?
1 minute review of CAMRA’s guide to historic drinking dens.
Their complex heritage remains largely unknown.
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.
CIOB urges construction to share PPE with healthcare providers.
Why not write that article you've always meant to?