- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Feb 2021
Legal agreements for design and construction
 Procurement and contract strategy
- General contract conditions (GC Works, HMSO). NB: GC Works contracts are no longer being updated by the government who are now moving to the NEC contract.
- Standard JCT (Joint Contract Tribunal) contracts.
- NEC (New Engineering Contracts) contracts (options a-e).
- FIDIC (Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils).
- ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers). NB: ICE contracts have now been withdrawn in favour of NEC contracts.
- Framework agreements.
- Bespoke contracts.
 Conditions of engagement for consultants
- Letter of appointment.
- Services agreements from professional bodies (such as the RIBA, ACA, RICS, CIC, ACE and SCALA).
- NEC professional services contract.
- Bespoke consultants agreement..
 Design and collateral warranties
 Incentive mechanisms
 Abortive terms
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.
Communicating the right information at the right time.
Materials can take on different properties to control heat and glare.
Challenges in the construction sector and beyond.