Legal agreements for design and construction
 Procurement and contract strategy.
See Procurement Route for additional information.
 Choice of contract
- General contract conditions (GC Works, HMSO). NB GC Works contracts are no longer being updated by the government who are now moving to the NEC contract.
- Standard JCT (Joint Contract Tribunal) contracts.
- NEC (New Engineering Contracts) contracts (options a-e).
- FIDIC (Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils).
- ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers). NB ICE contracts have now been withdrawn in favour of NEC contracts.
- Framework agreements.
- Bespoke contracts.
See Contracts for more information
 Conditions of engagement for consultants
- Letter of appointment.
- Services agreements from professional bodies (such as the RIBA, ACA, RICS, CIC, ACE and SCALA).
- NEC professional services contract.
- Bespoke consultants agreement..
See Appointments for more information
 Design and collateral warranties
For example the British Property Federation (BPF) model form
 Incentive mechanisms.
 Abortive terms.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
With a new government consultation underway, ICE look at creating a smarter, more flexible energy system.
International Ethics Standards Coalition publishes first set of ethics principles for built environment professionals.
British Antarctic Survey announces research station is to relocate 23km due to growing crack in the ice shelf.
A great example of mimetic architecture with the Fish Building of India.
Could e-bikes be a solution to congested and polluted urban centres?
Government publishes details of £500bn investment pipeline in infrastructure, described as the 'most comprehensive ever'.
Top of new skyscraper trimmed down by 30m to avoid interfering with City Airport flights.
A new concept unveiled to tackle the lack of sports facilities in inner cities.
'Open hand' designs revealed for a new entertainment complex in China.
Modernist architecture and its many international variations explained.