- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Oct 2018
Legal agreements for design and construction
 Procurement and contract strategy
See Procurement Route for additional information.
- General contract conditions (GC Works, HMSO). NB: GC Works contracts are no longer being updated by the government who are now moving to the NEC contract.
- Standard JCT (Joint Contract Tribunal) contracts.
- NEC (New Engineering Contracts) contracts (options a-e).
- FIDIC (Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils).
- ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers). NB: ICE contracts have now been withdrawn in favour of NEC contracts.
- Framework agreements.
- Bespoke contracts.
See Contracts for more information
 Conditions of engagement for consultants
- Letter of appointment.
- Services agreements from professional bodies (such as the RIBA, ACA, RICS, CIC, ACE and SCALA).
- NEC professional services contract.
- Bespoke consultants agreement..
See Appointments for more information
 Design and collateral warranties
 Incentive mechanisms
 Abortive terms
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The London Build Expo is hosting a Diversity in Construction panel and networking session on October 24.
Analysis can help develop a specification, but must not lead to inappropriate specifications being accepted.
Dos and don'ts for creating a smart home.
New ICE publication recommends pay-as-you-go tax to fund roads and other financing options.
BSRIA launches a White Paper on wearable technology and wellbeing in buildings.
Have the pressures of the market shredded the core values of professionalism?
Lead times are a measure of the amount of time that elapses between initiating and completing a construction process.
Government releases first tranche of funding for removal of unsafe high-rise cladding.
How to ensure UK transport infrastructure copes with severe winter weather.