- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Feb 2021
Legal agreements for design and construction
 Procurement and contract strategy
- General contract conditions (GC Works, HMSO). NB: GC Works contracts are no longer being updated by the government who are now moving to the NEC contract.
- Standard JCT (Joint Contract Tribunal) contracts.
- NEC (New Engineering Contracts) contracts (options a-e).
- FIDIC (Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils).
- ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers). NB: ICE contracts have now been withdrawn in favour of NEC contracts.
- Framework agreements.
- Bespoke contracts.
 Conditions of engagement for consultants
- Letter of appointment.
- Services agreements from professional bodies (such as the RIBA, ACA, RICS, CIC, ACE and SCALA).
- NEC professional services contract.
- Bespoke consultants agreement..
 Design and collateral warranties
 Incentive mechanisms
 Abortive terms
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.
Are buildings doing what they're supposed to be doing?
Cities with quick access to everything by foot or bike.