- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 18 Feb 2019
Legal agreements for design and construction
 Procurement and contract strategy
See Procurement Route for additional information.
- General contract conditions (GC Works, HMSO). NB: GC Works contracts are no longer being updated by the government who are now moving to the NEC contract.
- Standard JCT (Joint Contract Tribunal) contracts.
- NEC (New Engineering Contracts) contracts (options a-e).
- FIDIC (Fédération Internationale des Ingénieurs-Conseils).
- ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers). NB: ICE contracts have now been withdrawn in favour of NEC contracts.
- Framework agreements.
- Bespoke contracts.
See Contracts for more information
 Conditions of engagement for consultants
- Letter of appointment.
- Services agreements from professional bodies (such as the RIBA, ACA, RICS, CIC, ACE and SCALA).
- NEC professional services contract.
- Bespoke consultants agreement..
See Appointments for more information
 Design and collateral warranties
 Incentive mechanisms
 Abortive terms
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Dynamo packages data ready for Revit.
How does EVA rate a project's progress?
How can it benefit the built environment?
The benefits of early contractor involvement.
Why it is so important for health and wellbeing.
A highly effective method of managing supply chains.
How it can benefit construction.
Free guide to commissioning for site managers published by NHBC and BSRIA.
Resolving quickly to minimise delay and costs.
Tackling domestic abuse.
Disallowed costs vs. defined costs. Which is which?