- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 08 Nov 2020
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB part of BRE Global) sets the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB’s Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) are applied in fire and security sectors around the world.
LPS 1041 – 1.3, Requirements and testing procedures for the LPCB approval and listing of dry pipe valve sets, published by BRE Global in 2014, defines an intermediate chamber as: ‘That portion of a dry pipe valve which separates the air/or water sealing assembly seating surfaces and which is at atmospheric pressure when the valve is in the ready position.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Differential ratio of a wet alarm valve.
- Differential type dry pipe valve.
- Dry pipe valve.
- K factor.
- Making the case for sprinklers and dispelling myths.
- Overview of automatic sprinkler system design and operation.
- Sprinkler systems explained: A guide to sprinkler installation standards and rules.
- The cost efficiency of different combinations of fire protection measures.
- The impact of automatic sprinklers on building design.
- Watermist systems for fire protection in domestic and residential buildings DG 534.
- Wet alarm valve.
Featured articles and news
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.