- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 23 Sep 2020
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB part of BRE Global) sets the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB’s Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) are applied in fire and security sectors around the world.
LPS 1040 - 2.3, Requirements and testing procedures for the LPCB approval and listing of wet alarm valve sets, published by BRE Global in 2014, defines a clapper or clapper assembly as: ‘The main movable sealing element of the valve which prevents reverse flow of water.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Automatic fire sprinkler systems: A good practice guide.
- Business Sprinkler Alliance.
- Case study A for offices to show where automatic sprinklers have the greatest impact.
- Costs of water automatic sprinkler systems.
- Design benefits of automatic sprinkler systems granted under approved document B.
- Making the case for sprinklers and dispelling myths.
- Overview of automatic sprinkler system design and operation.
- Sprinkler systems explained: A guide to sprinkler installation standards and rules.
- The cost efficiency of different combinations of fire protection measures.
- The impact of automatic sprinklers on building design.
- Watermist systems for fire protection in domestic and residential buildings DG 534.
- Wet alarm valve.
Featured articles and news
BREEAM offers its resilient approach to Building Back Better.
Country moves one step closer to creating independent body.
BSRIA examines factors driving the industry.
Ensuring designs are developed, validated and can be effectively implemented.
The Homebuyer Survey most suitable for newer homes or simple properties.
Health and safety practices for body and mind.
28 leading bodies set out their vision for the future.
Chancellor announces latest Winter Support packages.
Tapping technology to boost infrastructure and create jobs.
4 ways to ensure certificates are valid.
White elephant construction projects.
How Paul Williams bent over backwards to overcome racial barriers.
Organisation revises actions around dealing with COVID-19.
CIOB, NFCC, RIBA, RICS call for changes ahead of Building Safety Bill.