- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Jan 2021
Usage of the term fenestration may include the following:
- The number of bricks to be used for the facade will depend on the fenestration (the more windows there are the fewer bricks will be needed).
- The architect decreed that the fenestration should conform to strict rules of rectilinear geometry and alignment.
- The client insisted on Gothic-style fenestration.
- The fenestration formed part of a regular, alternating rhythm of solid and void which lent the façade a dynamic quality.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved Document K.
- BFRC window rating scheme.
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out.
- Domestic windows.
- Dormer window.
- Double glazing.
- Double glazing v triple glazing.
- Low-e glass.
- Patent glazing.
- Secondary glazing.
- Stained glass.
- Types of window.
- Velux window.
- Window and door schedules.
- Window energy rating.
Featured articles and news
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.