- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Jan 2021
Usage of the term fenestration may include the following:
- The number of bricks to be used for the facade will depend on the fenestration (the more windows there are the fewer bricks will be needed).
- The architect decreed that the fenestration should conform to strict rules of rectilinear geometry and alignment.
- The client insisted on Gothic-style fenestration.
- The fenestration formed part of a regular, alternating rhythm of solid and void which lent the façade a dynamic quality.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved Document K.
- BFRC window rating scheme.
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out.
- Domestic windows.
- Dormer window.
- Double glazing.
- Double glazing v triple glazing.
- Low-e glass.
- Patent glazing.
- Secondary glazing.
- Stained glass.
- Types of window.
- Velux window.
- Window and door schedules.
- Window energy rating.
Featured articles and news
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).
No longer enforcing certain waste transfer documentation.
Winners reactions during the event at the Park Plaza Hotel.
An exciting opportunity for stakeholders to collaborate.
Report from the BSRIA Briefing 2023, Cleaner Air, Better Tomorrow.