- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Jan 2021
Usage of the term fenestration may include the following:
- The number of bricks to be used for the facade will depend on the fenestration (the more windows there are the fewer bricks will be needed).
- The architect decreed that the fenestration should conform to strict rules of rectilinear geometry and alignment.
- The client insisted on Gothic-style fenestration.
- The fenestration formed part of a regular, alternating rhythm of solid and void which lent the façade a dynamic quality.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved Document K.
- BFRC window rating scheme.
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out.
- Domestic windows.
- Dormer window.
- Double glazing.
- Double glazing v triple glazing.
- Low-e glass.
- Patent glazing.
- Secondary glazing.
- Stained glass.
- Types of window.
- Velux window.
- Window and door schedules.
- Window energy rating.
Featured articles and news
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.