- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 30 Jan 2020
Usage of the term fenestration may include the following:
- The number of bricks to be used for the facade will depend on the fenestration (the more windows there are the fewer bricks will be needed).
- The architect decreed that the fenestration should conform to strict rules of rectilinear geometry and alignment.
- The client insisted on Gothic-style fenestration.
- The fenestration formed part of a regular, alternating rhythm of solid and void which lent the façade a dynamic quality.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved Document K.
- BFRC window rating scheme.
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out.
- Domestic windows.
- Dormer window.
- Double glazing.
- Double glazing v triple glazing.
- Low-e glass.
- Patent glazing.
- Secondary glazing.
- Stained glass.
- Types of window.
- Velux window.
- Window and door schedules.
- Window energy rating.
Featured articles and news
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.
Architecture considered somewhere between 'sublime and beautiful'.
Polish piano factory revived through an energy-oriented tune up.
Dynamic architectural approach sets out to restore and improve the environment.
Entries accepted from 1 December 2020 to 14 April 2021.
Procedure discontinued for sale or re-mortgage of buildings without cladding.
The art of negotiation.
APPGI considers key issues for economic recovery.
Progress made on global fire safety standard.
Why did it take 111 years to build this Victorian engineering marvel?
Fantastic cities from above but flawed on the ground.
Organisation unveils supporting tools and initiatives.