- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 30 Jan 2020
Usage of the term fenestration may include the following:
- The number of bricks to be used for the facade will depend on the fenestration (the more windows there are the fewer bricks will be needed).
- The architect decreed that the fenestration should conform to strict rules of rectilinear geometry and alignment.
- The client insisted on Gothic-style fenestration.
- The fenestration formed part of a regular, alternating rhythm of solid and void which lent the façade a dynamic quality.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved Document K.
- BFRC window rating scheme.
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out.
- Domestic windows.
- Dormer window.
- Double glazing.
- Double glazing v triple glazing.
- Low-e glass.
- Patent glazing.
- Secondary glazing.
- Stained glass.
- Types of window.
- Velux window.
- Window and door schedules.
- Window energy rating.
Featured articles and news
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.
What type of cool roof is most suitable?
Active Travel programme prioritises cyclists and pedestrians.
CIAT issues caution for use of new standard.
Industry leaders discuss climate change, the economy and other influences.
The building manager is key to operations.
The impact Scotland’s dynamic coast has on the historic environment.
IHBC announces role in new APPG.