- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Jul 2019
A definition of disrepair is based on the former Decent Homes Standard criteria which states that a dwelling fails this if it is not in a reasonable state of repair. This is based on the dwelling age and condition of a range of building components including walls, roofs, windows, doors, electrics and heating systems.
Ref Making a Difference, Housing and Health: A Case for Investment, published by BRE and Public Health Wales NHS Trust on 19 June 2019.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- A measure of net well-being that incorporates the effect of housing environmental impacts.
- Calculating compensation for property damage.
- Decent homes standard.
- Defective premises and freeholder liabilities.
- Property disrepair and landlord liabilities
- Quantifying the health benefits of the Decent Homes programme FB 64.
- Repairs and optional improvements.
- Schedule of condition.
- The cost of poor housing to the NHS.
- The cost-benefit to the NHS arising from preventative housing interventions (FB82).
- The full cost of poor housing in Wales. May 2019
- The full cost of poor housing. May 2016
- The real cost of poor housing.
- What's the condition of your housing stock?
Featured articles and news
Four outstanding professionals recognised.
Sustainable flooring from super strong grass.
Organisation presents reactions from industry leaders.
New infrastructure bank to be based in the North of England.
Fairer, faster, greener. A summary of the key points.
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.
Architecture considered somewhere between 'sublime and beautiful'.
Polish piano factory revived through an energy-oriented tune up.
Dynamic architectural approach sets out to restore and improve the environment.
Entries accepted from 1 December 2020 to 14 April 2021.
Procedure discontinued for sale or re-mortgage of buildings without cladding.
The art of negotiation.