- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 01 Mar 2021
Contract terms for construction contracts
NB The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) Glossary of procurement terms, suggests the contract term (or contract period) can also refer to: ‘…the length of time during which the contract operates... It begins with the START DATE and ends with the EXPIRY DATE. The start date is not necessarily the date on which the contract is signed, but the date on which it comes into effect. The expiry date may be expressed as an actual calendar date (preferred) or as a given number of months (e.g., 36 months) from the start date.’
- Application for payment (see fair payment practices)
- Architect's instruction / contract administrator's instruction
- Bill of quantities
- Building log book
- Building owner's manual / operation and maintenance manual (O&M manual)
- Building users guide
- Certificate of making good defects / certificate of making good
- Collateral warranty
- Construction phase plan
- Contract sum analysis
- Contractor design
- Contractor’s master programme
- Contractor’s proposals
- Default payment notice (see fair payment practices)
- Contract drawings
- Design documents
- Employers requirements
- Extensions of time
- Final account
- Final certificate
- Governing law
- Health and safety file
- Information release schedule
- Interim certificate
- Joint fire code
- Loss and expense
- Method statement
- Pay less notice (see fair payment practices)
- Parent company guarantee
- Payment notice (see fair payment practices)
- Performance bond
- Practical completion certificate / substantial completion certificate
- Risk assessment
- Schedule of defects
- Schedule of work
- Site waste management plan
- Strikes and lock outs
Featured articles and news
High levels of mica and pyrite found in aggregate used for Irish homes.
Organisation offers mobile app to its members.
BSRIA explores US share of 2020 VRF market.
New fire safety requirement comes into force.
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.