CPD Workshops: O&Ms Best Practice
Createmaster are running a series of free CPD workshops with leading contractors and developers. The sessions are focused on the current state of play in the O&M market and cover topics such as BIM, current legislation and best practice.
“The presentation was clear. We’re keen to adopt the best practice recommendations in our future projects.”
Berkeley Homes – Production Director
We share current best practice and the Createmaster approach, covering how to set quality standards through early engagement, which ensures the smooth delivery of structured data and asset information.
Our sessions broadly cover:
- The nature of the O&M market.
- Trends & technology affecting this space (BIM, CDM regs, Soft Landings).
- Current best practice (total trade management, early engagement, Assets & PPM).
 Who should attend?
If you are the recipient of O&M Manuals or are responsible for the delivery of project handover documentation as a project manager or design manager, this CPD session is perfect for you! Building managers and FM teams also gain insight on how early availability of quality structured data and asset information help to plan for occupation effectively.
 Benefits for developers:
- The importance of defining a clear set of Employer’s Requirements for project handover.
- How to achieve early availability of asset information and Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- How BIM can enhance project delivery.
 Benefits for contractors:
- How to satisfy the needs of the end client.
- How outsourcing O&Ms eases the pressure at PC.
- How reducing hard copies saves time and cost.
 Benefits for FM & Estate Teams:
- Addressing poor quality O&M information from contractors at building handover.
- The benefits of estate-wide asset data on a centralised platform.
- How hosting in the cloud keeps building information up to date.
--Createmaster 16:56, 12 Jun 2017 (BST)
Featured articles and news
An introductory article to the performance specification.
Demographics, digital tech, climate change, AI - all challenges facing the built environment. Enter our ideas competition.
Conservation professionals are needed more than ever, but on different and non-elitist terms.
Lessons from Australia on how to make affordable, sustainable housing a reality.
Adjaye Associates reveal their designs for a new espionage museum in New York.
CIAT submit their recommendations to the government's Grenfell Tower inquiry. See the summary here.
Read our introductory article on collaborative practices for building design and construction.
Read about the history behind one of Italy's most recognisible buildings.
Roland Busch of Siemens AG looks at how cities can fight climate change.
Every home and small business in Great Britain will be offered a smart meter by the end of 2020.
The PM’s speech stole the headlines but what was said about infrastructure at the Conservative Party conference?
We interviewed the photographer Jade Doskow about her new book documenting the strange architecture of World's Fair sites.