- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Jul 2017
CPD Workshops: O&Ms Best Practice
Createmaster are running a series of free CPD workshops with leading contractors and developers. The sessions are focused on the current state of play in the O&M market and cover topics such as BIM, current legislation and best practice.
“The presentation was clear. We’re keen to adopt the best practice recommendations in our future projects.”
Berkeley Homes – Production Director
We share current best practice and the Createmaster approach, covering how to set quality standards through early engagement, which ensures the smooth delivery of structured data and asset information.
Our sessions broadly cover:
- The nature of the O&M market.
- Trends & technology affecting this space (BIM, CDM regs, Soft Landings).
- Current best practice (total trade management, early engagement, Assets & PPM).
 Who should attend?
If you are the recipient of O&M Manuals or are responsible for the delivery of project handover documentation as a project manager or design manager, this CPD session is perfect for you! Building managers and FM teams also gain insight on how early availability of quality structured data and asset information help to plan for occupation effectively.
 Benefits for developers:
- The importance of defining a clear set of Employer’s Requirements for project handover.
- How to achieve early availability of asset information and Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- How BIM can enhance project delivery.
 Benefits for contractors:
- How to satisfy the needs of the end client.
- How outsourcing O&Ms eases the pressure at PC.
- How reducing hard copies saves time and cost.
 Benefits for FM & Estate Teams:
- Addressing poor quality O&M information from contractors at building handover.
- The benefits of estate-wide asset data on a centralised platform.
- How hosting in the cloud keeps building information up to date.
--Createmaster 16:56, 12 Jun 2017 (BST)
Featured articles and news
The government is to set a personal consumption target to reduce water use.
BSRIA calls for more education to promote fuels that are fit to burn.
Michael Gove admits air pollution is making people ill and shortening lives.
BRE call for a clearer, focused drive for the delivery of sustainable, quality developments.
Proposals for a 140m high observation wheel next to the Tyne.
Consistently one of our most popular articles - so just how much do you know about BoQ's?
Significant updates encourage whole building life cycle assessment and recognise products with Environmental Product Declarations.
Gustavo Giovannoni’s role in integrating modern planning requirements into historic town centres.
Desipite Hackitt's recommendations, the government are to consult on combustible cladding.
People or density - can we create urban liveability at ever-increasing densities?