- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Nov 2017
CIAT inaugurate Alex Naraian as new President
The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) is the lead qualifying body for Architectural Technology and represents those practising and studying within the discipline. CIAT qualifies Chartered Architectural Technologists, MCIAT, and professionally qualified Architectural Technicians, TCIAT.
On 18 November 2017, CIAT announced that Alex Naraian, an Associate Director at Ascot Design and an active Member within the Institute, had been inaugurated as the 28th President. He received the Chain of Office at the close of the Institute’s AGM held in Newcastle and will hold office for two years. His core objectives are to continue leading and setting trends in the industry in the field of Architectural Technology.
Alex said; “My vision is to focus on identity, presence and growth to evolve the Institute further, working to our 2018-2023 Strategic Plan, to be launched next year.”
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architectural Technology Awards 2017.
- Bin blight.
- Castle Hill Event Space.
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists CIAT.
- Choosing the correct glazed facade heating system.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Designing out fire risk in roof voids.
- Existing guidance on fire compartmentation in roof voids.
- Giving professional advice to friends - a case study.
- How to give professional advice to friends.
- Interview with Gary Mees, CIAT.
- Leeds flood defences.
- London car charging infrastructure.
- Sacrificial device for buildings.
- The design of temporary structures and wind adjacent to tall buildings.
- Warming houses using free CO2.
Featured articles and news
Check out our list of the 90 most unusual buildings of all time.
The government is to set a personal consumption target to reduce water use.
BSRIA calls for more education to promote fuels that are fit to burn.
Michael Gove admits air pollution is making people ill and shortening lives.
BRE call for a clearer, focused drive for the delivery of sustainable, quality developments.
Proposals for a 140m high observation wheel next to the Tyne.
Consistently one of our most popular articles - so just how much do you know about BoQ's?
Significant updates encourage whole building life cycle assessment and recognise products with Environmental Product Declarations.
Gustavo Giovannoni’s role in integrating modern planning requirements into historic town centres.
Desipite Hackitt's recommendations, the government are to consult on combustible cladding.