- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Jan 2021
CIAT inaugurate Alex Naraian as new President
The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) is the lead qualifying body for Architectural Technology and represents those practising and studying within the discipline. CIAT qualifies Chartered Architectural Technologists, MCIAT, and professionally qualified Architectural Technicians, TCIAT.
On 18 November 2017, CIAT announced that Alex Naraian, an Associate Director at Ascot Design and an active Member within the Institute, had been inaugurated as the 28th President. He received the Chain of Office at the close of the Institute’s AGM held in Newcastle and will hold office for two years. His core objectives are to continue leading and setting trends in the industry in the field of Architectural Technology.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architectural Technology Awards 2017.
- Bin blight.
- Castle Hill Event Space.
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists CIAT.
- Choosing the correct glazed facade heating system.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Designing out fire risk in roof voids.
- Existing guidance on fire compartmentation in roof voids.
- Giving professional advice to friends - a case study.
- How to give professional advice to friends.
- Interview with Gary Mees, CIAT.
- Leeds flood defences.
- London car charging infrastructure.
- Sacrificial device for buildings.
- The design of temporary structures and wind adjacent to tall buildings.
- Warming houses using free CO2.
Featured articles and news
An overview of the current state of the market.
Organisation offers best practices for construction and modification.
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.
How to document contractor employment status.
Tech tools to help manage people and space post-pandemic.
A style that ranges from mock Tudor to arts and crafts to the 'Wrenaissance'.
Free guide from Secured by Design.
BREEAM strategy for sustainability and the circular economy.
Free tool to improve the construction programming process.