- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 21 Nov 2017
CIAT inaugurate Alex Naraian as new President
The Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists (CIAT) is the lead qualifying body for Architectural Technology and represents those practising and studying within the discipline. CIAT qualifies Chartered Architectural Technologists, MCIAT, and professionally qualified Architectural Technicians, TCIAT.
On 18 November 2017, CIAT announced that Alex Naraian, an Associate Director at Ascot Design and an active Member within the Institute, had been inaugurated as the 28th President. He received the Chain of Office at the close of the Institute’s AGM held in Newcastle and will hold office for two years. His core objectives are to continue leading and setting trends in the industry in the field of Architectural Technology.
Alex said; “My vision is to focus on identity, presence and growth to evolve the Institute further, working to our 2018-2023 Strategic Plan, to be launched next year.”
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Architectural Technology Awards 2017.
- Bin blight.
- Castle Hill Event Space.
- Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists CIAT.
- Choosing the correct glazed facade heating system.
- CIAT response to Grenfell inquiry.
- Designing out fire risk in roof voids.
- Existing guidance on fire compartmentation in roof voids.
- Giving professional advice to friends - a case study.
- How to give professional advice to friends.
- Interview with Gary Mees, CIAT.
- Leeds flood defences.
- London car charging infrastructure.
- Sacrificial device for buildings.
- The design of temporary structures and wind adjacent to tall buildings.
- Warming houses using free CO2.
Featured articles and news
An artist finds ruined and decaying buildings a source of inspiration for his work. Book review.
When is there a right to light, and what happens if it is obstructed?
What would the nationalisation of economic infrastructure mean for GB?
A new guide to improving value by reducing design error.
We've reached 80,000 page views a day and 10,000 registered users. Why not join them?
A masterplan is a framework within which a location is encouraged to develop or change. Read our introductory article.
New consultation announced on a specialist Housing Court to settle landlord-tenant disputes.
ICE responds to a transport consultation advising the government to make decisions enabling more inclusive cities.
BRE and Loughborough University complete first phase refurbishment of demonstration home.
If you’re a great writer and have practical experience of the construction industry, it could be you.
Frustrated by long documents or technical jargon? Put off by sign-up forms or costs? Take this 5 min survey to help improve construction knowledge.