- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 06 Nov 2023
Backflow prevention valve
Backflow prevention valves are designed to keep water supplies sanitary and safe,to do so it is important that backflow is prevented. These valves help by protecting plumbing systems from contamination, from either back pressure, or back siphonage.
- A guide to installing thermostatic mixing valves: what, why and how.
- BSRIA announces 2021 European HVAC field device study.
- BSRIA publishes new edition of BG29.
- BSRIA study: The market for European Field Devices.
- Closed Systems Control Association.
- Control valve.
- Differential pressure control valve.
- Float valve.
- Mechanical, electrical and plumbing MEP.
- Pipework defects, ventilation and airflow rates.
- Pressure independent control valves.
- Pressure-relief valve.
- Specifying valves for large commercial buildings
- Stop valve.
- Thermostatic mixing valve.
- Types of valve.
- Water hammer.
- What makes a good PICV?
Featured articles and news
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).
No longer enforcing certain waste transfer documentation.
Winners reactions during the event at the Park Plaza Hotel.
An exciting opportunity for stakeholders to collaborate.
Report from the BSRIA Briefing 2023, Cleaner Air, Better Tomorrow.