BREEAM Awards 2019
BREEAM is the BRE Environmental Assessment Method, first launched in the UK in 1990. It sets best practice standards for the environmental performance of buildings through design, specification, construction and operation.
The BREEAM Awards recognise excellence in the sustainable building arena. BRE announced the winners of the BREEAM Awards 2019 at a gala event on 4 March at the London Hilton Bankside Hotel, hosted by BBC correspondent David Shukman.
The awards marked another successful year for BREEAM, with more than 500,000 buildings certified to date in more than 80 countries. The winners included the most innovatively sustainable BREEAM rated buildings of the previous 12 months from the UK and countries as far afield as Cuba, Romania and Norway and for the first time, China and Kazakhstan. The awards also recognised the achievements of BREEAM assessors and socially-responsible investment through a partnership with GRESB.
- Bloomberg Building, UK: Regional Award – Western Europe
- Wronia 31, Poland: Regional Award – Central and Eastern Europe
- Cofco Landmark, China:Regional Award – Asia
- Park View Office Tower, Kazakhstan: Regional Award – Asia
- Hotel Quebrada 17, Cuba: Regional Award – Americas
- Unilever Food Innovation Centre, Netherlands: Commercial Project – Design Stage Award
- Deloitte, UK: Commercial Project – Post Construction Award
- BINARIUM Business Centre, Romania: Commercial Project – In Use Award
- Ny Horten Videregående Skole, Norway: Public Sector Project – Design Stage Award
- National College for High Speed Rail, UK: Public Sector Project – Post Construction Award
- Tabellen 4, Sweden: Public Sector Project – In Use Award
- Falconhoven L-Blok Apartments, Belgium: Homes – Design Stage Award
- The Hoover Building, UK: Home Post Construction Award.
- Jane Wakiwaka, Sustainability Manager, The Crown Estate: GRESB/BREEAM Award for Individual Leadership.
- Buildings for Tomorrow Ltd: Assessor Organisation of the Year
- Babatunde Agoro (Hoare Lea LLP): Assessor of the year
- David Partington (Sweco UK): Assessor of the year
- Lizette van Zuilen (C2N B.V.): Assessor of the year
- Unilever Food Innovation Centre: People’s Prize – the Your BREEAM Award.
- John Robertson Architects: Professional Champions Awards – Architects
- Stanton Consulting and Sweco: Joint winners of Professional Champions Awards, M&E Consultant
- Immobiliaria Colonial and SP Fastigheter AB: GRESB/BREEAM Award for Responsible Investment Large Portfolio and Small Portfolio respectively.
Dr. Shamir Ghumra, BREEAM Director at BRE said the winners: “…reflect an exceptional commitment to sustainable construction in a variety of ways and epitomise the value that BREEAM certification brings to projects at all stages of a building’s lifecycle.”
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Building Research Establishment.
- BRE articles.
- BRE Trust.
- BREEAM and CEEQUAL.
- BREEAM associate online training.
- BREEAM Awards 2017.
- BREEAM Awards 2018.
- BREEAM Awards 2020.
- BREEAM Awards 2021.
- BREEAM In-Use International.
- BREEAM USA.
- BREEAM: Value multiplies while costs plummet.
- Code for Sustainable Homes.
- Home Quality Mark.
- Green rating systems.
- WELL and BREEAM align.
Issue support documents
|These are Multiple Author Articles - click on them and add to them today. It's easy.|
You can also add to General Multiple Author Articles here.
Issue support documents are written for named BREEAM Issues or sub-issues. More info. (ac) = awaiting content.
|Thanks to our Knowledge Sharing Ambassadors for a lot of this content|
- BREEAM Sustainability champion
- BREEAM Environmental management
- BREEAM Considerate construction
- BREEAM Monitoring of construction site impacts
- BREEAM Aftercare support
- BREEAM Seasonal commissioning
- BREEAM Testing and inspecting building fabric
- BREEAM Life cycle cost and service life planning
- BREEAM Stakeholder consultation (ac)
- BREEAM Commissioning (ac)
- BREEAM Handover (ac)
- BREEAM Inclusive and accessible design (ac)
- BREEAM Post occupancy evaluation
 Health and Wellbeing
- BREEAM Visual comfort Daylighting (partly ac)
- BREEAM Visual comfort View out
- BREEAM Visual comfort Glare control
- BREEAM Indoor air quality plan
- BREEAM Indoor air quality Ventilation
- BREEAM Thermal comfort
- BREEAM Internal and external lighting (ac)
- BREEAM Indoor pollutants VOCs (ac)
- BREEAM Potential for natural ventilation (ac)
- BREEAM Safe containment in laboratories (ac)
- BREEAM Acoustic performance
- BREEAM Safety and security (ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of energy use and carbon emissions
- BREEAM Energy monitoring
- BREEAM External lighting
- BREEAM Low carbon design
- BREEAM Passive design
- BREEAM Free cooling
- BREEAM LZC technologies
- BREEAM Energy efficient cold storage (partly ac)
- BREEAM Energy efficient transportation systems
- BREEAM Energy efficient laboratory systems
- BREEAM Energy efficient equipment (partly ac)
- BREEAM Drying space
- BREEAM Transport assessment and travel plan
- BREEAM Public transport accessibility
- BREEAM Sustainable transport measures
- BREEAM Proximity to amenities
- BREEAM Cyclist facilities
- BREEAM Alternative modes of transport (ac)
- BREEAM Maximum car parking capacity
- BREEAM Travel plan
- BREEAM Home office (ac)
- BREEAM Water consumption
- BREEAM Water efficient equipment
- BREEAM Water monitoring
- BREEAM Water leak detection (ac)
- BREEAM Hard landscaping and boundary protection
- BREEAM Responsible sourcing of materials
- BREEAM Insulation
- BREEAM Designing for durability and resilience
- BREEAM Life cycle impacts
- BREEAM Material efficiency (ac)
- BREEAM Construction waste management
- BREEAM Recycled aggregates
- BREEAM Speculative floor & ceiling finishes
- BREEAM Adaptation to climate change
- BREEAM Operational waste
- BREEAM Functional adaptability (ac)
 Land Use and Ecology
- BREEAM Site Selection
- BREEAM Ecological value of site
- BREEAM Protection of ecological features
- BREEAM Minimising impact on existing site ecology
- BREEAM Enhancing site ecology
- BREEAM Long term impact on biodiversity (ac)
- BREEAM Impact of refrigerants
- BREEAM NOx emissions
- BREEAM Flood risk management (ac)
- BREEAM Surface water run-off (ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of night time light pollution (partly ac)
- BREEAM Reduction of noise pollution
Once an ISD has been initially created the '(ac)' marker can be removed
This particular index is based around the structure of the New Construction and RFO schemes.