- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 08 Sep 2019
Alarm Receiving Centre
Live investigations of false fire alarms, written by Raman Chagger and published by BRE in December 2015, suggests that an ‘Alarm Receiving Centre’ (ARC) is a:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- Carbon monoxide detector.
- Emergency services.
- Fire detection and alarm system.
- Fire protection engineering.
- Fire and rescue service.
- Heat alarm.
- Ionisation smoke alarm.
- Live investigations of false fire alarms.
- Multi-sensor alarm.
- New requirements for fire detection and alarm network systems IP 12 13.
- Optical smoke alarm.
- Over £1 billion lost every year due to false alarms.
- Smoke alarm.
- The causes of false fire alarms in buildings.
Featured articles and news
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.
What does 'curtilage' mean and why does it matter?
Our duty to prevent harm and protect each other.
A quality perspective.
If buildings were people, they would be just starting to walk on two legs.
Air filtration and clean air standards.
The Dukes of Normandy and the second world war.
Conserving structures in historic designed landscapes.
Online platform to showcase acoustic solutions.
The drivers of value and how it is measured.
Do you know your Ionic from your Doric?