- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 14 Feb 2021
The work of CIAT in terms of education, CPD and training has grown and evolved. It continues to do so and, to recognise, streamline and consolidate this activity, the Institute launched the Architectural Technology Academy (ATA) on 1 May 2019 as a subsidiary company of CIAT.
The ATA is an exciting initiative and operates as the home for all the Institute’s educational ventures. It aims to not only support the development and promotion of Architectural Technology as an academic discipline, but acts as a mechanism to help and support the membership to develop professionally, enhancing their knowledge and competences, which in turn will help boost the skills of industry.
The ATA’s portfolio includes, but is not limited to:
- Educational standards development for accreditation, membership and bespoke or specialist qualifications.
- Accreditation of honours degree-level programmes.
- Accreditation of master’s degree-level programmes.
- Approval of sub-honours degree-level programmes.
- Awarding Centre of Excellence status.
- Accredited Conservationist Register.
- Chartered environmentalist qualification.
- AT CPD Register.
- Developing and promoting research in architectural technology.
 Future developments
Future projects will be added to the ATA portfolio as they develop. This development will ensure the delivery of a consistent, clear and meaningful brand, assist in raising the profile and awareness of CIAT’s educational work further, as well as the discipline and the Institute. It also validates the Institute as a thought leader in the field of education, training and development relating to architectural technology.
 More information
 About this article
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction Dissertation Guides.
- Construction knowledge.
- Student resources.
- Urban design education.
Featured articles and news
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.
ECA states concerns over the Government's disparate plans.
Net zero carbon future - necessity, not choice - was the event's focus.
CIOB event spotlighted sustainability strategies in the region.
The 19th and 20th centuries left a legacy of defects.
An invaluable technique that should be used more often.