- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 02 Jun 2021
Wood pellet mills
 What is a wood pellet mill?
There are two main types: ring die pellet mills and flat die pellet mills.
The pellet dimensions can be customised by using a hammer mill.
 Maintaining a wood pellet mill
- The belt tightness should be checked regularly. If it has become slack, it must be tightened immediately.
- The equipment needs to be positioned in a properly ventilated area to be certain the warmth produced by the motor can be safely vented.
- Before restarting the machine, any remaining debris should be cleared in the machine room to lower starting resistance.
- Oil ought to be filled regularly to promote inter-lubricating.
- Regularly inspect the cutter screws to make sure the bond between knife and blade remains strong.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Training reflects updated guidance in BSRIA BG 29/2021.
Complete list of 2021 winners now available.
Recognising past and present role models for the future.
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.