- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 02 Jun 2021
Wood pellet mills
 What is a wood pellet mill?
There are two main types: ring die pellet mills and flat die pellet mills.
The pellet dimensions can be customised by using a hammer mill.
 Maintaining a wood pellet mill
- The belt tightness should be checked regularly. If it has become slack, it must be tightened immediately.
- The equipment needs to be positioned in a properly ventilated area to be certain the warmth produced by the motor can be safely vented.
- Before restarting the machine, any remaining debris should be cleared in the machine room to lower starting resistance.
- Oil ought to be filled regularly to promote inter-lubricating.
- Regularly inspect the cutter screws to make sure the bond between knife and blade remains strong.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
CLC introduces card for learners.
CIOB members recognised for public procurement.
Experts discuss the complex issues damaging the supply chain.
The co-founder of Get Kids into Survey discusses career paths for kids.
Report examines lack of detail in the Government's vision.
Our director Gregor Harvie hosts 4 webinars at the IHBC marketplace on Friday.
Look up construction terms on any website direct from your browser.
The revival of the public sphere in Toronto.
The story behind the copycat architecture craze.
Insight into construction materials supply and demand issues.
IHBC has announced winners of the 2020 honours.
Cement and concrete industry introduces measures to go beyond net zero.
UKGBC has introduced a resource to help with sustainability challenges.
Is it time to embrace EVs at last?