- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 02 Jun 2021
Wood pellet mills
 What is a wood pellet mill?
There are two main types: ring die pellet mills and flat die pellet mills.
The pellet dimensions can be customised by using a hammer mill.
 Maintaining a wood pellet mill
- The belt tightness should be checked regularly. If it has become slack, it must be tightened immediately.
- The equipment needs to be positioned in a properly ventilated area to be certain the warmth produced by the motor can be safely vented.
- Before restarting the machine, any remaining debris should be cleared in the machine room to lower starting resistance.
- Oil ought to be filled regularly to promote inter-lubricating.
- Regularly inspect the cutter screws to make sure the bond between knife and blade remains strong.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The revival of the public sphere in Toronto.
The story behind the copycat architecture craze.
Insight into construction materials supply and demand issues.
IHBC has announced winners of the 2020 honours.
Cement and concrete industry introduces measures to go beyond net zero.
UKGBC has introduced a resource to help with sustainability challenges.
Is it time to embrace EVs at last?
Plaster, glue and dye produce a highly decorative effect.
BSRIA predicts winners and losers for 2021 and beyond.
Firms must commit to net zero to secure major public work.
The resurgence of the British country house. Book review.
International Energy Agency report presents narrow path.
Experts discuss how the country's ageing housing stock can meet net zero goals.
This form of drainage may be a practical plumbing option.