- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Feb 2021
Types of construction knowledge
The Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge defines the following types of explicit knowledge:
- Educational and Training
- Research, Development and Innovation
- Product Knowledge
- Project Knowledge
- Case Law
- Brochure/ leaflet
- File note
- Request for information
- Technical query
- Data set
- GIS dataset
- Information Exchange File
- Room data sheet
- Design information
- Schedule or Table
- Bills of Quantity
- Cost Plan
- Animation file
- Clash rendition
- Model - Two dimensional
- Model - Three dimensional
- Planning control
- Project planning
- Method statement
- Record information
- Snagging list
Tacit knowledge includes:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction knowledge comes out of the dark ages. Press release 27 August 2020.
- Construction knowledge sources.
- Construction Knowledge Survey results.
- Construction knowledge task group.
- Document control.
- Fit for purpose - Big data reveals the construction knowledge gap.
- How to apply the Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge to web pages.
- Knowledge management.
- Knowledge pyramid.
- Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge.
- Types of construction knowledge.
Featured articles and news
Report includes sales vs production of compressors by type.
Government announces latest plans for growth.
Will the new requirements - once passed - go far enough?
These post-WWII modular buildings were unpopular, yet ubiquitous.
What's the verdict from the court of public opinion?
Shift to home-based work influences closed plan preferences.
An overview of the current state of the market.
Organisation offers best practices for construction and modification.
Heritage on the edge?
Prioritising tax considerations.
The four D creative process: discover, define, develop and deliver.
National Cyber Security Centre initiative is announced.
Reviewing trends and projections.
Legislation will establish initiatives to move towards net zero.