- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 26 Nov 2021
Types of construction knowledge
The Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge defines the following types of explicit knowledge:
- Educational and Training
- Research, Development and Innovation
- Product Knowledge
- Project Knowledge
- Case Law
- Brochure/ leaflet
- File note
- Request for information
- Technical query
- Data set
- GIS dataset
- Information Exchange File
- Room data sheet
- Design information
- Schedule or Table
- Bills of Quantity
- Cost Plan
- Animation file
- Clash rendition
- Model - Two dimensional
- Model - Three dimensional
- Planning control
- Project planning
- Method statement
- Record information
- Snagging list
Tacit knowledge includes:
- 70-20-10 learning model.
- Construction knowledge comes out of the dark ages. Press release 27 August 2020.
- Construction knowledge sources.
- Construction Knowledge Survey results.
- Construction knowledge task group.
- Document control.
- Fit for purpose - Big data reveals the construction knowledge gap.
- How to apply the Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge to web pages.
- Knowledge management.
- Knowledge pyramid.
- Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge.
- Types of construction knowledge.
Featured articles and news
The decarbonisation transition has begun.
Can smart homes take care of their occupants?
A showcase of She ethnic culture.
CIOB creates charter and publishes special report.
Response submitted by IHBC.
Designed to accommodate flooding or waterway traffic.
ECA states concerns over the Government's disparate plans.
Net zero carbon future - necessity, not choice - was the event's focus.
CIOB event spotlighted sustainability strategies in the region.