- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 25 Feb 2021
Types of construction knowledge
The Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge defines the following types of explicit knowledge:
- Educational and Training
- Research, Development and Innovation
- Product Knowledge
- Project Knowledge
- Case Law
- Brochure/ leaflet
- File note
- Request for information
- Technical query
- Data set
- GIS dataset
- Information Exchange File
- Room data sheet
- Design information
- Schedule or Table
- Bills of Quantity
- Cost Plan
- Animation file
- Clash rendition
- Model - Two dimensional
- Model - Three dimensional
- Planning control
- Project planning
- Method statement
- Record information
- Snagging list
Tacit knowledge includes:
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction knowledge comes out of the dark ages. Press release 27 August 2020.
- Construction knowledge sources.
- Construction Knowledge Survey results.
- Construction knowledge task group.
- Document control.
- Fit for purpose - Big data reveals the construction knowledge gap.
- How to apply the Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge to web pages.
- Knowledge management.
- Knowledge pyramid.
- Specification for Discoverable Construction Knowledge.
- Types of construction knowledge.
Featured articles and news
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Medieval passageways with spiritual, transport and economic purposes.
Organisation receives accreditation from Investors in People.
Click the button to subscribe.
Communicating the right information at the right time.
Materials can take on different properties to control heat and glare.
Challenges in the construction sector and beyond.
Exploring brick and timber construction techniques.
On wheels or on platforms, micro dwellings are popping up everywhere.
Landlords must now comply with new repair regulations.