- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 08 Jun 2022
Delivering Net Zero: Key Considerations for Commercial Retrofit, published by the UK Green Building Council on 4 May 2022, defines transition risk as: ‘The risk associated with transitioning to a lower-carbon economy. This may entail extensive policy, legal, technology, and market changes to address mitigation and adaptation requirements related to climate change. Depending on the nature, speed, and focus of these changes, transition risks may pose varying levels of financial and reputational risks to organisations.’ Ref 17. TCFD (2017), E06 - Climate-Related Risks, Opportunities, and Finance Impacts.
- Definitions of retrofitting.
- Delivering net zero and commercial retrofit UKGBC.
- Energy efficiency of traditional buildings.
- Fabric first investigation into net zero for existing buildings.
- How to deal with retrofit risks.
- LETI publishes Climate Emergency Retrofit Guide.
- National Refurbishment Centre.
- National Retrofit Strategy NRS.
- PAS 2038:2021 Retrofitting non-domestic buildings for improved energy efficiency.
- Renovation v refurbishment v retrofit.
- Shallow retrofit.
- Step-by-step retrofit.
Featured articles and news
A definitive book on a pioneer of green architecture.
Using heritage as a catalyst for reviving historic centres.
Declaration prioritising sustainable urbanisation adopted.
Some brief words about the actuator.
After 34 years at the Institute.
To support the next generation of engineers.
CIAT reporting from the Competition and Markets Authority.
Making sustainable construction number one priority.
Interview with ECA CEO.
Many provisions came into force on June 28, 2022.
With room to expand.
Refurbishment, Energy Efficiency, Indoor air and process.
Why building acoustic considerations must be non-negotiable.
Aluminium Composite Panels (ACP) is one example.
Inventors and innovators at ICE.
Life, death and art at the Stuart court. Book review.
Real estate, place adaptation and innovation.
Review and comment on the revised draft before July 11.
Write about something you know, help us build and grow !
A blended event and triumphant return.
Mark Reynolds succeeds Andy Mitchell as Co-Chair of CLC
Designing Buildings is 10 years old.
From alteration to deconstruction on DB.