- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 13 Dec 2020
The Loss Prevention Certification Board (LPCB part of BRE Global) sets the standards needed to ensure that fire and security products and services perform effectively. LPCB’s Loss Prevention Standards (LPS) are applied in fire and security sectors around the world.
Loss Prevention Standard LPS 1107: Issue 1.2, Requirements, tests and methods of assessment of passive fire protection systems for structural steelwork, Published by BRE Global Ltd in 2014, states : ‘For the purposes of this document, the term "stickability" refers to the ability of a fire protection system to remain fixed in position during the fire test.’
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BRE articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BRE Buzz articles on Designing Buildings Wiki.
- BRE Buzz.
- Building Research Establishment.
- Fire protection engineering.
- Fire protection system.
- Intumescent coatings.
- Intumescent strips.
- Passive and reactive fire protection to structural steel (IP 6 12).
- The causes of false fire alarms in buildings.
- Understanding the factors affecting flashover of a fire in modern buildings.
Featured articles and news
So why not write something?
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.