- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Nov 2020
Very broadly, site administrators are responsible for maintaining administration and business processes for construction works, although the precise nature of the role can vary depending on the requirements of particular sites.
Some of the tasks typically performed by site administrators include:
- Maintaining and updating information and records such as site registers, drawings.
- Receiving, capturing, collating and distributing information.
- Document and revision control.
- Supporting and recording change control.
- Scheduling visits and meetings.
- Office management and general clerical duties.
- Dealing with queries, complaints and requests for information.
- Enabling and maintaining communications between project team members and other stakeholders.
- Assisting in the preparation of weekly and monthly reports.
- Supporting site management with day-to-day site activities such as booking deliveries.
- Work related to the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR).
- Work related to human resource management (HR).
- Providing support to the commercial and planning team as required.
- Liaising with clients.
- Ordering office supplies.
- Briefing project teams, contractors and suppliers.
- General administration experience.
- Computer literacy.
- Organisational skills
- Multi-tasking abilities.
- An understanding of information flows.
- Good problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- An understanding of procedures, standards and legal requirements.
- Attention to detail.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Business administration.
- Business process outsourcing (BPO).
- Construction organisations and strategy.
- Contract administrator.
- Facilities management.
- First aider.
- Health and safety inspector.
- Human resource management in construction.
- Office manual.
- Record keeping.
- Site foreman.
- Site supervisor.
- Site inspector.
Featured articles and news
Report examines lack of detail in the Government's vision.
Our director Gregor Harvie hosts 4 webinars at the IHBC marketplace on Friday.
Look up construction terms on any website direct from your browser.
The revival of the public sphere in Toronto.
The story behind the copycat architecture craze.
Insight into construction materials supply and demand issues.
IHBC has announced winners of the 2020 honours.
Cement and concrete industry introduces measures to go beyond net zero.
UKGBC has introduced a resource to help with sustainability challenges.
Is it time to embrace EVs at last?
Plaster, glue and dye produce a highly decorative effect.
BSRIA predicts winners and losers for 2021 and beyond.
Firms must commit to net zero to secure major public work.
The resurgence of the British country house. Book review.