- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Mar 2021
Indoor air quality indication
Until very recently it was difficult to obtain reasonably accurate and affordable information about the air quality in your street or home. Reference air quality monitoring systems to meet European standards are expensive.
However with microelectronics advancements, more reliable detection methods based around electrochemical cell technology coupled with the internet of things (IOT) means it is easier to develop smart products for homes - from fridges that talk to us and speakers integrated to switch on our lights and shop for us to ventilation control and interactive air quality monitoring
There are also now verified devices that monitor indoor air quality . Not only does it tell you the more basic comfort factors such as temperature and humidity, it alo has the capability to tell you if you have too much fine particulate(pm2.5) or gas (NO2) from such things as diesel fume of other products of combustion. There is much more to this tool thant a small device that sit on your desk or clips to the wall - for example, app controls can be configured to provide you indoor air quality reports over time.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Air quality.
- At a glance - Indoor air quality.
- BREEAM and air quality.
- BREEAM Indoor air quality plan.
- BREEAM Indoor air quality Ventilation.
- BREEAM Indoor pollutants VOCs.
- Bringing a breath of fresh air to the design of indoor environments.
- Building related illness.
- Clean indoor air for healthy living - New air filter standards.
- Ensuring good indoor air quality in buildings.
- Indoor air quality.
- Indoor environmental quality.
- Locating ventilation inlets to reduce ingress of external pollutants into buildings: A new methodology IP 9 14.
Featured articles and news
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.
Transitional options for the next generation of heating technologies.
Additional support being offered to job seekers with autism.