- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 11 Jan 2021
Fire safety information
Regulation 38 of the Building Regulations 2010 requires that where building works consist of, or include, the erection or extension of a relevant building; or they are carried out in connection with a relevant change of use, the persons carrying our building works must give fire safety information to the responsible person not later than the date of completion of the work, or the date of occupation of the building or extension, whichever is the earlier.
- In relation to a workplace, the employer, if the workplace is to any extent under his control;
- In relation to any premises other than workplaces:
- The person who has control of the premises (as occupier or otherwise) in connection with the carrying on by him of a trade, business or other undertaking (for profit or not); or
- The owner, where the person in control of the premises does not have control in connection with the carrying on by that person of a trade, business or other undertaking.
Fire safety information refers to ‘…information relating to the design and construction of the building or extension, and the services, fittings and equipment provided in or in connection with the building or extension which will assist the responsible person to operate and maintain the building or extension with reasonable safety.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Fire and rescue service.
- Fire authority.
- Fire compartment.
- Fire detection and alarm system.
- Fire inspector.
- Fire marshal.
- Fire Prevention on Construction Sites.
- Fire protection engineering.
- Fire safety certification from CIOB.
- Joint fire code.
- Means of escape.
- Responsible person.
- The need for company fire risk assessments.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Featured articles and news
BSRIA explores US share of 2020 VRF market.
New fire safety requirement comes into force.
Different types of bridges are meant to move.
A logical approach to handling the internal voice of self doubt.
First fashionable in the US, decorative metal has become globally desirable.
Helping communities preserve and enhance historic environments.
Creating comfortable climates despite extreme temperatures.
Study examines how adjustable arrangements can succeed.
Government announces plans to improve accessibility.
Resource addresses pandemic-related NEC4 contract issues.
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.