- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 Jan 2017
Cost and bonus surveyor
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a cost and bonus surveyor might include:
- Reviewing estimated project targets and prices against the contract documents.
- Ensuring targets and prices are in line with the construction programme.
- Agreeing work packages with subcontractors.
- Pre-measuring work and setting bonus targets for directly employed operatives.
- On-site re-measurement of works completed.
- Maintaining data for measurement against key performance indicators.
- Liaison with project surveyors and site foremen.
- Processing operatives’ claims and tracking costs against budget.
Some of the key skills required for a cost and bonus surveyor are as follows:
- Numeracy and literacy.
- Methodical approach to preparing bonus record sheets.
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
New BRE book considers the progression from project-based knowledge creation to whole-life urban knowledge management.
This CIOB article explores the concept of value in building design and construction.
BREEAM and Measurabl announce integration to improve the financial performance of commercial real estate.
Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners' release new images of soon-to-open 3WTC tower in New York.
A document can be called a bond or a guarantee. Does the name matter and what is the difference between them?
New briefing note is launched focusing on increasing knowledge of housing that promotes health and wellbeing.
Arbitration is a private, contractual form of dispute resolution used in the construction industry.
The European Parliament has approved a revised Energy Performance of Buildings directive.
One in six MPs supports the ring-fencing of retentions as proposed in the 'Aldous Bill'.
A stakeholder is anyone who has an interest in the process or outcome of a construction project.
BRE launches online self-assessment tool for ethical labour sourcing.