- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 04 Dec 2020
Cost and bonus surveyor
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a cost and bonus surveyor might include:
- Reviewing estimated project targets and prices against the contract documents.
- Ensuring targets and prices are in line with the construction programme.
- Agreeing work packages with subcontractors.
- Pre-measuring work and setting bonus targets for directly employed operatives.
- On-site re-measurement of works completed.
- Maintaining data for measurement against key performance indicators.
- Liaison with project surveyors and site foremen.
- Processing operatives’ claims and tracking costs against budget.
Some of the key skills required for a cost and bonus surveyor are as follows:
- Numeracy and literacy.
- Methodical approach to preparing bonus record sheets.
- Ability to work independently to tight deadlines.
 Find out more
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
The last few days, but action needed over the next decade.
80 construction leaders and companies from across the UK.
Promoting the importance of building and fire safety.
A brief run through essential training tips from a user.
A comprehensive guide from a Cohesive BIM wiki user.
From the basics to the future from our Cohesive BIM wiki.
As electrical sector feels skills shortage bite.
CIOB Academy’s course take-up inked to external factors.
Q and A with self-representing artist, Hannah Shergold.
And publishes three-year strategic plan.
Introducing changes to make it more effective from 2024.
Shortlist announced for 2023 public choice award vote.
The last of the Victorians. Book review.
An exotic name that is shrouded in mystery.
From practice to research and the business of materials.