- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Aug 2019
Construction site facilities
- Sanitary conveniences.
- Washing facilities.
- Drinking water.
- Changing rooms and lockers.
- Facilities for rest.
For more information see Welfare facilities.
- Welcome facilities and entry control.
- Site offices.
- Meeting rooms.
- Training and induction facilities.
- Wheel washing facilities.
- Site canteen.
- Off-loading facilities.
- Laydown area.
- Temporary storage and storage areas.
- Sub-contractor facilities.
- Car parking.
- Waste management and recycling facilities.
- Fabrication facilities.
- Facilities for the construction of mock-ups for testing.
- Identifying the site facilities that will be required.
- Determining the sizes, and other constraints of those facilities.
- Establishing the inter-relationships between the facilities.
- Optimising the layout of the facilities on the site.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- CDM planning period.
- Construction phase plan.
- Handover to the contractor.
- Human resource management in construction.
- Laydown area.
- Lighting of construction sites.
- Main construction compound.
- Office manual.
- Pre-construction information.
- Principal contractor.
- Site layout plan.
- Site office.
- Site plan.
- Site storage.
- Temporary site services.
- Temporary structures
- Temporary works.
- Welfare facilities.
- Wheel washing system.
Featured articles and news
A quick introduction to a very complicated subject.
CIOB suggests the economic reach of construction is double the official figures.
The first US building to achieve BREEAM Outstanding In-Use.
70 buildings from 70 years of Concrete Quarterly. Book review.
Conserving the iron roof at the Albert Dock.
Delivering an infrastructure revolution.
The admissibility of evidence.
How many can you name? 37 anyone?
CIOB respond to the points-based system.
When is the weather considered 'exceptionally adverse'?
ECA backs call for a rolling programme of rail electrification.