- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 01 Aug 2019
Construction site facilities
- Sanitary conveniences.
- Washing facilities.
- Drinking water.
- Changing rooms and lockers.
- Facilities for rest.
- Welcome facilities and entry control.
- Site offices.
- Meeting rooms.
- Training and induction facilities.
- Wheel washing facilities.
- Site canteen.
- Off-loading facilities.
- Laydown area.
- Temporary storage and storage areas.
- Sub-contractor facilities.
- Car parking.
- Waste management and recycling facilities.
- Fabrication facilities.
- Facilities for the construction of mock-ups for testing.
- Identifying the site facilities that will be required.
- Determining the sizes, and other constraints of those facilities.
- Establishing the inter-relationships between the facilities.
- Optimising the layout of the facilities on the site.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- CDM planning period.
- Construction phase plan.
- Handover to the contractor.
- Human resource management in construction.
- Laydown area.
- Lighting of construction sites.
- Main construction compound.
- Office manual.
- Pre-construction information.
- Principal contractor.
- Site layout plan.
- Site office.
- Site plan.
- Site storage.
- Temporary site services.
- Temporary structures
- Temporary works.
- Welfare facilities.
- Wheel washing system.
Featured articles and news
Guidance offered for stained glass window maintenance.
Define need before determining viability.
Framework examines social value of projects.
RfX or Request for [fill in the blank].
Organisation establishes Equality, Diversity, Inclusion taskforce.
Government announces plans for new building projects.
Outsourcing method to procure and manage supplies.
Joint support of Local Authority Historic Environment and Conservation Services.
The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is an outstanding achievement.
Buildings of the interwar years. Book review.
Ireland’s climate change sectoral adaptation plan.
Rethinking the acoustics of the office.
Various deterrent measures can help managers deal with avian problems.
Groups send message to government.
Mark Beard FCIOB shares thoughts on changes in the construction industry.