- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 03 Jan 2019
Construction site facilities
- Sanitary conveniences.
- Washing facilities.
- Drinking water.
- Changing rooms and lockers.
- Facilities for rest.
For more information see Welfare facilities.
In addition, sites may include other facilities, such as:
- Welcome facilities and entry control.
- Site offices.
- Meeting rooms.
- Training and induction facilities.
- Wheel washing facilities.
- Site canteen.
- Off-loading facilities.
- Laydown area.
- Temporary storage and storage areas.
- Sub-contractor facilities.
- Car parking.
- Waste management and recycling facilities.
- Fabrication facilities.
- Facilities for the construction of mock-ups for testing.
- Identifying the site facilities that will be required.
- Determining the sizes, and other constraints of those facilities.
- Establishing the inter-relationships between the facilities.
- Optimising the layout of the facilities on the site.
See Site layout plan for more information.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- CDM planning period.
- Construction phase plan.
- Handover to the contractor.
- Human resource management in construction.
- Laydown area.
- Lighting of construction sites.
- Main construction compound.
- Office manual.
- Pre-construction information.
- Principal contractor.
- Site layout plan.
- Site office.
- Site plan.
- Site storage.
- Temporary site services.
- Temporary works.
- Welfare facilities.
- Wheel washing system.
Featured articles and news
Dynamo packages data ready for Revit.
How does EVA rate a project's progress?
How can it benefit the built environment?
The benefits of early contractor involvement.
Why it is so important for health and wellbeing.
A highly effective method of managing supply chains.
How it can benefit construction.
Free guide to commissioning for site managers published by NHBC and BSRIA.
Resolving quickly to minimise delay and costs.
Tackling domestic abuse.
Disallowed costs vs. defined costs. Which is which?