- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 19 Aug 2019
Construction progress report
Construction progress reports are prepared regularly (often monthly) by the contract administrator during the construction phase and issued to the client. They will generally be a summary of the reports received and discussions held at construction progress meetings.
Construction progress reports may be a combination of minutes of construction progress meetings and reports received during those meetings, with key issues highlighted in an accompanying cover note. Alternatively they may be a re-written version of that information prepared specifically to suit the client's requirements.
Construction progress reports might include:
- A summary of the progress made in each key area of the project.
- Analysis of progress against the programme
- An explanation of the causes of any delays.
- Progress photos.
- Analysis of key performance indicators.
- An assessment of any quality issues.
- Weather reports.
- An assessment of any health and safety issues.
- Reports of any issues with neighbours (such as noise, dust, vibrations, rights of light, access, safety etc).
- Reports about off-site fabrication and off-site payments.
- Earned value analysis.
- An assessment of any design issues.
- An assessment of any other issues that need to be addressed and proposals for addressing them.
- Any instructions required from the client.
- Look ahead to the next period (including specific requirements for progress photos during the next period, which may include off-site fabrication photos).
On construction management projects, the construction manager holds regular construction progress meetings with the client and consultant team, however they will also hold regular construction progress meetings with trade contractors to discuss on and off-site progress against the programme and to co-ordinate the release of information. It may sometimes be appropriate for these meetings to take place at the trade contractor's premises. Construction progress reports will then be prepared for the client.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Construction progress meeting.
- Construction manager.
- Contract administrator.
- Consultant team.
- Construction stage report.
- Earned value analysis.
- Employer's agent.
- Health and Safety.
- Management contractor.
- Progress of construction works.
- Project programme.
- Project manager.
- Project manager's report.
- Site meeting.
- Sub contractor.
- Works contractor
Featured articles and news
Opening up the space below the former Floral Hall.
Why was the Fountaine Hospital Almshouse built in such a sophisticated style?
How do we measure air tightness in buildings?
The Housing Infrastructure Fund
Encouraging access to local amenities and sustainable transport.
Publish your thought leadership articles on Designing Buildings Wiki – for free.
Competence Steering Group publishes interim proposals to deliver safer buildings.
Indoor environments should provide a multi-sensory experience.
We have a great range of introductory articles written by ECA.
7 of the most common myths, busted.