Construction stage report
The construction stage report is prepared by the contract administrator at the end of the construction stage. It might include:
- Minutes of the final construction progress meeting.
- Relevant parts of progress reports from the contractor and where appropriate the consultant team.
- Relevant parts of the cost consultant's report.
- A summary of the progress made in each key area of the project.
- Analysis of progress against the programme.
- An explanation of the causes of any delays.
- Progress photos.
- Analysis of key performance indicators.
- An assessment of any quality issues.
- Reports on health and safety issues.
- Reports of any issues with neighbours (such as noise, dust, vibrations, rights of light, access, safety etc).
- Reports about off-site fabrication and off-site payments.
- Earned value analysis.
- An assessment of any design issues.
- An assessment of any other issues that need to be addressed and proposals for addressing them.
- Any instructions required from the client.
- Details of handover procedures.
- Where appropriate, details of phased completion, and partial or sectional handover.
- Any terms or qualifications that will be applied to the certificate of practical completion.
- A proposed schedule of defects.
- Details of any ongoing works by others.
- Insurance details.
- Any remaining access issues.
The report should highlight any instructions required from the client.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
A quick introductory article about preliminaries in construction.
Brandenburg Gate - an historic structure that went from symbolising German partition to European unity.
A discussion between construction key players and leading insurers on the future outlook for construction insurance.
New guide from BSRIA on building performance evaluation in domestic buildings.
Rogers Stirk Harbour and Partners complete new trio of towers at Sydney Harbour.
With a new government consultation underway, ICE look at creating a smarter, more flexible energy system.
International Ethics Standards Coalition publishes first set of ethics principles for built environment professionals.
British Antarctic Survey announces research station is to relocate 23km due to growing crack in the ice shelf.
A great example of mimetic architecture with the Fish Building of India.
Could e-bikes be a solution to congested and polluted urban centres?
Government publishes details of £500bn investment pipeline in infrastructure, described as the 'most comprehensive ever'.