- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 04 Nov 2020
Catchment flood management plan CFMP
Catchment flood management plans (CFMP’s) aim to establish flood risk management policies which will deliver sustainable flood risk management for the long term across a catchment. They typically consider all types of inland flooding:
Catchment flood management plans include:
- The effects of how land is used and managed.
- The likely impacts of climate change.
- How sustainable development can be achieved.
The purpose of a catchment flood management plan is to help understand the extent and scale of current and future flooding and formulate policies for managing flood risk within the catchment. They promote more sustainable approaches to the management of flood risk with policies delivered through a range of different approaches. The plans help the Environment Agency and their partners determine the most effective way to manage flood risk in the future (ref Environment Agency).
 River basin districts
- Anglian River Basin District.
- Humber River Basin District.
- Northumbria River Basin District.
- North West River Basin District.
- Severn River Basin District.
- Solway Tweed River Basin District.
- South East River Basin District.
- South West River Basin District.
- Thames River Basin District.
Two annual reports have been published on the progress of implementation (ref Environment Agency 2013). The second annual report stated that over 500 activities have been completed with the most significant progress in asset management and maintenance actions, development planning and adaptation and high level awareness and engagement.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BREEAM Flood risk management.
- Flood and Water Management Act.
- Flood risk.
- Flood risk management plans.
- Flood Insurance.
- Future flood prevention.
- Future Water, The Government’s water strategy for England.
- Highway drainage.
- Managing and responding to disaster.
- Passive water efficiency measures.
- Pitt Review Lessons learned from the 2007 floods.
- Planning for floods.
- Rainwater harvesting.
- Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems.
- Thames barrier.
- Sewer construction.
- SuDS - is there light at the end of the tunnel?
- Swales definition.
- The SUDS manual.
- Water Act 2014.
- Water consumption.
- Water engineering.
- Water framework directive.
- Workplace design – flood protection.
 External references
Featured articles and news
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.
Architecture considered somewhere between 'sublime and beautiful'.
Polish piano factory revived through an energy-oriented tune up.
Dynamic architectural approach sets out to restore and improve the environment.
Entries accepted from 1 December 2020 to 14 April 2021.
Procedure discontinued for sale or re-mortgage of buildings without cladding.
The art of negotiation.
APPGI considers key issues for economic recovery.
Progress made on global fire safety standard.
Why did it take 111 years to build this Victorian engineering marvel?
Fantastic cities from above but flawed on the ground.
Organisation unveils supporting tools and initiatives.