- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 Nov 2020
- The height of a building is measured as shown in Appendix D, Diagram D4.
- The height of the floor of the top storey above ground level is measured as shown in Appendix D, Diagram D6.
For definitions of categories of building height, see High-rise building.
See also: Height.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved documents.
- Building Regulations.
- Floor area.
- Gross floor area.
- Gross internal area.
- High-rise building.
- International Property Measurement Standards.
- Medium-rise building.
- Net internal area NIA.
- Ordnance Datum.
- Tall building.
- Tallest buildings in the world.
- Total useful floor area.
Featured articles and news
Incorporating EDI into the provision of fair access.
Government announces global innovation strategy.
An architectural biography. Book review.
The house where the future king of France lived.
The teacher, architectural technologist and mum offers her insights.
Careful planning needed as supply chain issues continue.
The sensitive conversion of a neglected Cornwall structure.
Plan stresses local involvement in city, town and village development.
Environment Agency publishes BAT guidance.
CLC guidance outlines carbon reduction priorities.
Making the most of a staycation.
Organisation urges G20 to revisit wind energy.