- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 24 Nov 2020
- The height of a building is measured as shown in Appendix D, Diagram D4.
- The height of the floor of the top storey above ground level is measured as shown in Appendix D, Diagram D6.
For definitions of categories of building height, see High-rise building.
See also: Height.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved documents.
- Building Regulations.
- Floor area.
- Gross floor area.
- Gross internal area.
- High-rise building.
- International Property Measurement Standards.
- Medium-rise building.
- Net internal area NIA.
- Ordnance Datum.
- Tall building.
- Tallest buildings in the world.
- Total useful floor area.
Featured articles and news
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.
Underfloor air conditioning comes to 24 St James's Square.
Consultation on public right to buy unused public property.
IHBC resource offers improved consistency.
New laws to ‘retain and explain’ historic statues.
The principles and art of the possible. Book review.
From horse and cart to hypermarket.
How elements and processes work together in a systems approach.
CIOB offers digital guide to proactive methods of working.
Tech will drive professional development in fields tied to infrastructure.