- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 24 Nov 2020
- The height of a building is measured as shown in Appendix D, Diagram D4.
- The height of the floor of the top storey above ground level is measured as shown in Appendix D, Diagram D6.
For definitions of categories of building height, see High-rise building.
See also: Height.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved documents.
- Building Regulations.
- Floor area.
- Gross floor area.
- Gross internal area.
- High-rise building.
- International Property Measurement Standards.
- Medium-rise building.
- Net internal area NIA.
- Ordnance Datum.
- Tall building.
- Tallest buildings in the world.
- Total useful floor area.
Featured articles and news
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.
The switch from analogue to digital has begun.
The fourth industrial revolution is well underway.
Free online resource will offer guidance on conserving places and the planet during COP26.
Government allocates additional money for building new homes on derelict land.
Smart built environments can be designed around the requirements of real people.
Consistency is at the core of realistic strategies.
Entries being accepted until 20 November 2021.
Fuller’s legacy in the field of resource management.