- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 16 Sep 2020
'Any efficient, safe and accessible means of transport with overall low impact on the environment, including walking and cycling, low and ultra low emission vehicles, car sharing and public transport.'
'...any type of transport that has lower impacts on the environment and is more fuel efficient than traditional travel by single occupancy private motor vehicle. This includes walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BREEAM Sustainable Transport Measures.
- Car club.
- Compliant public transport node.
- Cycling and walking plan.
- Cycle route.
- Cycle storage.
- ‘Future Roads of Grand Paris’ Exhibition
- Gearing up for active travel.
- Highways in England and Wales.
- Integrated transport system.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- Road traffic management.
- Safe pedestrian route.
- Section 38 agreement.
- Section 278 agreement.
- Shared space.
- Walking distance.
- The future of transport in the UK.
- Traffic and transport.
- Transport assessment.
- Transport design and health.
- Transit Elevated Bus (TEB).
- Travel plan.
Featured articles and news
The seismic strengthening of historic churches.
Results show guarded optimism and payment concerns.
Noteworthy navigable aqueducts.
Technology is making remote work a reality.
Carefully placed structures add drama to pastoral vistas.
Report provides actions required by 2030 to achieve a zero carbon economy.
What type of cool roof is most suitable?
Active Travel programme prioritises cyclists and pedestrians.
CIAT issues caution for use of new standard.
Industry leaders discuss climate change, the economy and other influences.
The building manager is key to operations.
The impact Scotland’s dynamic coast has on the historic environment.