- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 16 Sep 2020
'Any efficient, safe and accessible means of transport with overall low impact on the environment, including walking and cycling, low and ultra low emission vehicles, car sharing and public transport.'
'...any type of transport that has lower impacts on the environment and is more fuel efficient than traditional travel by single occupancy private motor vehicle. This includes walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- BREEAM Sustainable Transport Measures.
- Car club.
- Compliant public transport node.
- Cycling and walking plan.
- Cycle route.
- Cycle storage.
- ‘Future Roads of Grand Paris’ Exhibition
- Gearing up for active travel.
- Highways in England and Wales.
- Integrated transport system.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- Road traffic management.
- Safe pedestrian route.
- Section 38 agreement.
- Section 278 agreement.
- Shared space.
- Walking distance.
- The future of transport in the UK.
- Traffic and transport.
- Transport assessment.
- Transport design and health.
- Transit Elevated Bus (TEB).
- Travel plan.
Featured articles and news
The hidden price of infrastructure.
BREEAM incorporates wellbeing into its Building Back Better programme.
Administration signals policy changes on some building-related issues.
From inns and coaching houses to boutiques.
Survey reveals green skills gap.
America's economic collapse produced scores of PWA Moderne projects.
The benefits of glowing aggregates and cement.
Urgent need for open communication to address mental health issues.
Guidance offered on COVID-19 green recovery, building safety and more.
Providing strength and support above the joists.
Enforcer will test and investigate product safety.