- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 29 Jul 2019
'Any efficient, safe and accessible means of transport with overall low impact on the environment, including walking and cycling, low and ultra low emission vehicles, car sharing and public transport.'
'...any type of transport that has lower impacts on the environment and is more fuel efficient than traditional travel by single occupancy private motor vehicle. This includes walking, cycling, public transport and car sharing.'
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Car club.
- Compliant public transport node.
- Cycling and walking plan.
- Cycle route.
- Cycle storage.
- ‘Future Roads of Grand Paris’ Exhibition
- Highways in England and Wales.
- Integrated transport system.
- National Planning Policy Framework.
- National Planning Practice Guidance.
- Road traffic management.
- Safe pedestrian route.
- Section 38 agreement.
- Section 278 agreement.
- Shared space.
- Walking distance.
- The future of transport in the UK.
- Traffic and transport.
- Transport assessment.
- Transport design and health.
- Transit Elevated Bus (TEB).
- Travel plan.
Featured articles and news
1 minute review of CAMRA’s guide to historic drinking dens.
Their complex heritage remains largely unknown.
New editor covered facilities management, operations and construction in the US.
Exclusive log cabins on the North Antrim coastline.
Proactive forestry for strategic water management.
CIOB urges construction to share PPE with healthcare providers.
Why not write that article you've always meant to?
One of the seven man-made wonders of Arizona.
A more flexible approach is needed.
A quick step-by-step introduction to the BREEAM process.
First pioneered in the USA and then France.