- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 22 Dec 2021
The New Rules of Measurement (NRM) are published by the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). They provide a standard set of measurement rules for estimating, cost planning, procurement and whole-life costing for construction projects.
NRM3: Order of cost estimating and cost planning for building maintenance works, defines ‘proactive maintenance’ as:
‘…maintenance work that is undertaken to avoid failures or to identify defects that could lead to failure.They are the tasks to eliminate the root cause of the failure and include routine preventive and predictive maintenance activities and work tasks identified from them. This can include plant tours, targeted inspections and monitoring tasks.’
- Building owner's manual.
- Business focused maintenance.
- Construction inventory management.
- Cost plan.
- Facilities management.
- How to manage construction plant.
- In-house or outsource maintenance.
- Maintenance Repair Operations MRO.
- Making commercial property more efficient.
- Predictive maintenance.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Resource management.
- Reliability centred maintenance.
- Scheduled maintenance.
- Soft landings.
- Vendor Managed Inventory VMI.
- Working with lighting maintenance contractors.
Featured articles and news
It’s not always a case of the centre leading.
PHribbon toolbar developed for US market.
CIOB consultation seeks feedback on APPG 2020 report.
How to respond to changes made in the October 2021 update.
Resource provides professional installation assistance.
Adaptive planning proposal spans 15 years.
Activities summarised by the Construction Industry Council.
How Islamic architecture shaped Europe. Book review.
The campaign to preserve a rare blacksmith bridge.