- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 04 Mar 2022
Inner room definition
Such an arrangement is only acceptable where the inner room is:
- A kitchen.
- A laundry or utility room.
- A dressing room.
- A bathroom, WC, or shower room.
- Any room on a storey that is a maximum of 4.5m above ground level which is provided with an emergency escape window as described in paragraph 2.10.
- A gallery that complies with paragraph 2.15.
- It complies with paragraph 2.11.
- The access rooms each have a smoke alarm (see Section 1).
- None of the access rooms is a kitchen.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
- Approved documents.
- Automatic release mechanism.
- Door energy rating.
- Fire detection and alarm systems.
- Fire door.
- Fire Door Inspection Scheme.
- Fire Prevention on Construction Sites.
- Fire protection engineering.
- Joint fire code.
- Separating floor.
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Unprotected escape route.
- Visual alarm devices - their effectiveness in warning of fire.
Featured articles and news
Fropm practice to research and the business of materials.
Terms, histories, theories and practices.
Alteration and everything else before demolition.
And CIOB's response.
Presidential update from CIAT's Eddie Weir PCIAT.
Rates freeze, NI cuts, full expensing; early election?
Could this be a remedy for condensation, damp or mould?
Unlocking a Healthier Tomorrow
Call for ministerial group and National Retrofit Delivery Plan.
The Great Transformation 1860–1920. Book review.
Including the devolved governments, CIOB, ECA, APM and IHBC.
AT awards small to medium size project category winner.
Formal and informal adaptive re-use or new use of buildings.
Temperatures hit new highs, yet world fails to cut emissions (again).