- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 05 Jul 2019
Handing over possession of the construction site to the contractor
- Handover keys.
- Discuss issues related to continued occupation of any part of the site (particularly on a refurbishment project) such as access.
- Discuss security arrangements and emergency procedures.
- Issue any significant information about the site (such as site services, tree preservation orders etc).
- Discuss ongoing maintenance, operation and protection issues regarding existing structures, landscape or other features to be retained.
- Discuss noise and dust reduction measures.
- Verify insurance provisions.
- Read meters.
- Provide contact details for key personnel on both sides.
- Discuss access for client's personnel and representatives or other client contractors.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Architectural Technology Studio 3
Construction Industry Advisory Committee CONIAC
The real impact of late payment.
How to tell which infrastructure projects will work.
The government announces the biggest change in building safety for a generation.
Key messages from the UN COP 25 conference.
Reducing the risks of buying off-plan
A lighthouse history from Eddystone to Fastnet. Book review.
Telling the story of the Government Code and Cipher School.
Are you an experienced writer with a practical understanding of the industry?
Hagia Sophia, Istanbul.
New Dwelling House at Grange View.
The causes of sinkholes.