- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 09 Sep 2020
Handing over possession of the construction site to the contractor
- Handover keys.
- Discuss issues related to continued occupation of any part of the site (particularly on a refurbishment project) such as access.
- Discuss security arrangements and emergency procedures.
- Issue any significant information about the site (such as site services, tree preservation orders etc).
- Discuss ongoing maintenance, operation and protection issues regarding existing structures, landscape or other features to be retained.
- Discuss noise and dust reduction measures.
- Verify insurance provisions.
- Read meters.
- Provide contact details for key personnel on both sides.
- Discuss access for client's personnel and representatives or other client contractors.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Four outstanding professionals recognised.
Sustainable flooring from super strong grass.
Organisation presents reactions from industry leaders.
New infrastructure bank to be based in the North of England.
Fairer, faster, greener. A summary of the key points.
Strategies to help provide safer working conditions.
Protecting flora, fauna and the other natural features of Scotland.
Architecture considered somewhere between 'sublime and beautiful'.
Polish piano factory revived through an energy-oriented tune up.
Dynamic architectural approach sets out to restore and improve the environment.
Entries accepted from 1 December 2020 to 14 April 2021.
Procedure discontinued for sale or re-mortgage of buildings without cladding.
The art of negotiation.