- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
- Specialist wikis
Last edited 09 Sep 2020
Handing over possession of the construction site to the contractor
- Handover keys.
- Discuss issues related to continued occupation of any part of the site (particularly on a refurbishment project) such as access.
- Discuss security arrangements and emergency procedures.
- Issue any significant information about the site (such as site services, tree preservation orders etc).
- Discuss ongoing maintenance, operation and protection issues regarding existing structures, landscape or other features to be retained.
- Discuss noise and dust reduction measures.
- Verify insurance provisions.
- Read meters.
- Provide contact details for key personnel on both sides.
- Discuss access for client's personnel and representatives or other client contractors.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
LETI publishes guidance for energy efficient home retrofits.
Predictions about adequate post-pandemic IAQ in non-domestic buildings.
Government publishes plans to 'build back greener'.
The contentious nature of claims associated with cladding, fire safety and EWS1 forms.
ECA comments on low-carbon heating systems initiative and Heat and Buildings Strategy.
Cinders and other forms of domestic rubbish created filth but also generated great wealth.
CIC 2050 Group requests input to find out priorities for future industry leaders.
IHBC publishes response to consultation.
Institute applauds funding initiatives but presses for additional retrofit and tax measures.