- Project plans
- Project activities
- Legislation and standards
- Industry context
Last edited 15 Jan 2021
An employee handbook is a document prepared by an employer and given to employees during their induction process to inform them about company culture, policies, and procedures. It ensures that all employees are clear about what is expected from them and what they can expect from their employer and gives consistency to how matters are dealt with.
Some of the items that might be included in an employee’s handbook are:
- Equal employment opportunities policy.
- Sick leave and annual leave.
- Extended leaves of absence
- Benefits and incentives.
- Dress code.
- Lunch and break policy.
- Health and safety requirements.
- How to report complaints and incidents.
- Training programmes.
- Harassment policy.
- Accommodations for staff with disabilities.
- Non-disclosure agreement.
- Conflict of interest statement.
- Policy relating to contract termination.
- Remuneration and overtime pay.
- Pension scheme.
- Drug and alcohol policy.
- How staff are expected to interact with clients, co-workers, visitors, general public, and so on.
- Social media and internet policy.
- Performance reviews.
- Inclement weather policy.
- Waste management policy.
- Other sources of information.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Featured articles and news
Improving facilities, accessibility and overall appearance.
Free download of TG 12/2021 available.
TESP works with The Youth Group to form skill sharing network.
Big tech collaborates on platform for the built environment.
Letter signed by 21 organisations sent to MHCLG.
A look at the Government's strategic approach.
Steps to help reduce the spread of infection inside buildings.
This social media-centred hobby can be both dangerous and illegal.
Millwork wall treatment with a long and illustrious history.
HSE introduces cumulative exposure calculator.
The Edwardians and their houses.
Cut off from civilian life for over 900 years.
Gaining green support from the carbon giants.
Click the button to subscribe.