Construction recruitment agency
There are a number of construction recruitment agencies (also known as employment agencies) that help companies procure labour, and help individuals find jobs. The aim of these recruitment agencies is to streamline the job-seeking and hiring process by acting as an intermediary between employers and potential employees. Agencies can help fill roles from site operatives to project managers.
Construction companies work with agencies to try and source the right candidates for the positions they have available. The agency maintains a database of potential applicants and so, in the first instance, will consult this to try and identify matching candidates for the role. They will generally also advertise the role online so that any job-seeker is able to find and apply for it, regardless of whether they are currently on the agency’s database.
The agency then sends the company some of the best-matching candidates and helps arrange interviews. They can also assist the applicant in tailoring their CV to the role, giving interview advice, and helping negotiate salary and other conditions.
Agencies are generally paid by the company offering the position, usually a set fee due when a role is successfully filled. This is typically based on a percentage of the salary agreed. Job applicants are generally not be required to pay a fee.
Some of the advantages of using a recruitment agency are that they can reduce the admin workload for companies seeking to fill job roles, they can select from a wide pool of potential candidates, and they are able to use their expertise to find the best matching candidates. Using an agency can be a benefit for job-seekers in that they may draw their attention to roles that meet their requirements and skills, and can provide helpful advice and guidance when dealing with the employer.
 Related articles on Designing Buildings Wiki
Diversity, social value and skills
 Are you looking for..?
- Work Opportunities (from work experience to jobs)
- Activities & Events
- Ask a Person
- Search Organisations (careers support specific to diverse groups)
 Join in
Have you got useful material to share?
If it is relevant to the Built Environment and to diversity, skills and social value, then help people to find it by adding details to this People microsite and using the guidelines below.
 Add your own content
- For guidance about writing and adding your own content see Get started - top tips and help.
- Some articles are more popular and useful than others. This article explains more.
- Make sure you use the right title as this helps search engines find it. See here for guidance.
- Add your signature to link readers to your profile.
- Tick the 'People' box when you submit the article - that way your content will appear in this Building People microsite.
- Finding it tricky? Contact us for assistance.